Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 09:57 PM   #1

Running jacks and charging batteries

I have a 2018 nitro toy hauler my question is should it run the front jacks when it’s not hooked up to the truck or plugged in? Also it only has one battery in the battery box it looks like it is big enough for two batteries. Reason I’m asking this is I have a new f350 and when I plug it in it says trailer battery not charging, I have power to all the lights on the trailer but I don’t have power to the jacks to lift the camper up. Took the truck to the dealership and they said it is all working the way it should. Can anyone help thanks.
marine03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine03 View Post
I have a 2018 nitro toy hauler my question is should it run the front jacks when it’s not hooked up to the truck or plugged in? Also it only has one battery in the battery box it looks like it is big enough for two batteries. Reason I’m asking this is I have a new f350 and when I plug it in it says trailer battery not charging, I have power to all the lights on the trailer but I don’t have power to the jacks to lift the camper up. Took the truck to the dealership and they said it is all working the way it should. Can anyone help thanks.
Have you located your Battery Disconnect switch? Is it in connect mode or disconnect mode?

Edit: power for lights on the outside of your trailer comes from your truck. Power for your front jacks come from your battery. All the clues indicate your battery is disconnected or has failed.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, charging, jacks