Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #1

Running lights problem

I am having a problem. I noticed that 2 of my running lights were on today when I haven't been in the motorhome for a month or so. The running light switch was off. When I turn the light switch on, all the running lights except for the 2 that were on turned on. The two that were on, turned off. Any clue what could cause this?
EricBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
H2oski

Is it parked outside? Was the sun shinning on that side to make it appear those 2 lights are on? With the light switch in the OFF position check and see if you have 12 volts at the 2 lights that are on. If you do you have a short on the power side.

If you only have 12 volts at those 2 lights with the light switch in the ON then replace the bulbs.

Hope this helps.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #3

It is parked outside, but this was not due to sunlight shining through the lights. I took the lights out of their housing while the switch was turned off and the bulbs were lit.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #4

OK, I figured it out. Snow was on the roof all winter and some of it turned to ice and backed up into the camper. There was a wet floor and rug under the steering column where a lot of the wires come together. Once I dried this everything now works properly.