Old 01-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Salem Villa ceiling fan light

I'm trying to access the light bulbs in the Salem Villa ceiling fan. There are no set screws to loosen. I tried gripping the glass "bowl" and turning it but it hasn't budged. Before I use more force to turn it, I thought I'd ask if someone out there knows for sure how to remove the glass bowl. Thanks!

Winter Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:54 AM   #2
Salem Villa ceiling fan light access

I was finally able to get the ceiling fan light glass globe off to access the bulbs. It took two sets of hands, one set to grip the metal housing and my hands, with rubber gloves. Turning in a counterclockwise direction, the globe reluctantly came off. I found that a piece of double-sided tape was placed in the threads of the glass globe, presumably to help prevent the globe from unscrewing due to vibration while the trailer was being hauled down the road.
After removing the globe, I replaced the two 40w incandescent "candelabra" bulbs with two 5w LED bulbs. Mission accomplished!
Winter Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

fan, light, salem