Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #1

Scare Lights Out

I have a 2014 MicroLite 23LB with the LED strip lights just below the awning mount (aka Scare Lights). They have stopped working and I do not see any fuses blown. Has anyone encountered this before? Just want to see if there is an easy fix before I head out on a week trip to the beach.

Thanks!
wdbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #2

Strip lights and Scare lights are (2) diff.type of lights! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Strip lights and Scare lights are (2) diff.type of lights! Youroo!!

I'm sure my terminology is off. There is a strip of LEDs mounted on the front of the TT just below the awning mount. The switch is labeled Scare Lights.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #4

Hmm? I have a Rockwood 2014 2306, essentially the same trailer. My switch is not labeled scare, it says porch and it on the bottom row, second from the left. Anyway, I assume you checked the fuses. There will be a red light on if the fuse is blown. Otherwise I'd take the control panel off and look for a loose wire. I had one come loose in my unit.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Hmm? I have a Rockwood 2014 2306, essentially the same trailer. My switch is not labeled scare, it says porch and it on the bottom row, second from the left. Anyway, I assume you checked the fuses. There will be a red light on if the fuse is blown. Otherwise I'd take the control panel off and look for a loose wire. I had one come loose in my unit.

You were on the right track! Turns out there was a loose wire on the connection at the front of the strip. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #6

Welcome.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #7

I have a 2014 19FD and the led strip light on mine is called the scare light. My light has also stopped working , dealer has ordered the parts to repair it, fortunately it is a warranty fix.
Rcbstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #8

We just purchased the 2015 21FBRS and ours are labeled scare lights as well. During the PDI the guy pretty much told us they wouldn't work for long. Although I like the look of them, I probably won't drag it back to the dealer when they go out.

***edited to add that I am waiting for someone to post an awesome modification for them because I know the creative minds on here will be at it soon! Lol!***

sunnygirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light