Seeking advice on a 2006 Sunseeker
We are looking at a 2006 Sunseeker 2900LE (very basic model) for $23, 000 with 30k miles on it and have a few questions if anyone would be willing to help we would greatly appreciate it! We have never owned a motorhome so EVERYTHING is new to us so here goes it:
It is being sold by a elder lady's grandson for her so he cannot answer too many questions. (she lives close by and we will be meeting her when we do title sign over etc) It is clean and looks to have been taken care of. The stove works, engine is great (my husband is a vehicle mechanic), AC works but that is about all we know that works since it does not have water in it.
1. What are your thoughts about this year, model and price rv?
2: Pro's and Cons?
But most importantly there are some questions that we aren't able to figure out:
3. When I said the AC worked, that was until the grandson pulled the electric wire from the power box that was powering the cabin while the generator was running. When we went back into the cabin the air was no longer working. Tried to flip the circuit breaker and that didn't work. It is 110 degrees here in vegas and I read somewhere that if it is overheated it would need to cool down before coming back on. Is this true? Is there any other way then flipping the breaker back over and if not, could it have burned out something major?
4. How can we tell if the water lines work/are leaking (the rv is currently registered until Sept 2012 and he said it was used no more than a few months ago) but he said it is empty. I did turn the water on in the bathroom and a spit of water came out for a second, that water was clean and clear, nothing funky.
5. What will the Refridgerator mainly run off of? Does the generator kick it on or propane when the RV is not plugged into electrical outlet)
6. How does the Guardian RV generator compare to the Onan 4000? Better, worse, or the same?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give us! Hope to be joining you all in the camping world soon!