Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #11

I paid way too much for my 50 amp connection. Electrician went up from the main house fuse box (new panel box) into the garage attic, through the attic about 25 ft., then down to the garage door. Bored through the sheet rock and brick veneer and installed a heavy duty 50 amp connection. Very professional, but it cost me over $500.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbholt1
I paid way too much for my 50 amp connection. Electrician went up from the main house fuse box (new panel box) into the garage attic, through the attic about 25 ft., then down to the garage door. Bored through the sheet rock and brick veneer and installed a heavy duty 50 amp connection. Very professional, but it cost me over $500.
Sounds like its also to code. If house ever was sold with shortcuts in place, you would have to remove or correct for inspection.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbholt1
That probably done to code. Also bear in mind that circuit is reallt 220V@100amp plus potential, enough to hurt. Enjoy the circuit.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbholt1 View Post
Sounds like a fair price to me. It had to come from the main panel. There was no choice on that.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #15

A 50 AMP box, $30. It depends on the length of run for the size of wire you need. That is the costly part, the wire. I had the PVC laying around on my small ranch in SE Texas and both my son and son-in-law are Master Electricians. I did most of the work myself with the skills that they tought me, they did the final hookup. Good Luck
Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #16

I installed my own, the weatherproof box and receptacle were cheap enough... the wire and the 30 amp ground fault breaker were a tad pricey though...
Nights Camped 2013 - 54 (54 scheduled)
Nights Camped 2014 38
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
Anacortesians

I got the bits for about $40. I have one cicuit breaker in the distribution box that feeds a single outlet in what the builder designated as a "computer room". We use it as the guest bedroom.

I'll be replacing that 20A breaker with a 30A, disconnecting the wires to the "computer room" socket and running a length of 10 gauge wire about 8' to the outside wall of the garage where I'll have a "weather-resistant when in use" box with a TT-30 socket. An RV-enthusiast neighbor is a licensed electrician. so he'll be checking it and actually hooking up the wires in the distribution box.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
American Dreamer

We installed 30 amp spent $285 and it included the work from an electrician to connected to the panel in the home for sewer connection we bought from camping work this Sewer Solution - Valterra SS01 - Drain & Flush Systems - Camping World we tapped under the house to one of the toilet drains and placed a coupler outside the house before we started fulltiming we sometimes would get home with the tank dirty we would clean it this way it always worked perfect.