Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #1

Shore power will no charge chassis batteries?

I have a new 2015 Legacy 360rb. I have magnum inverter/charger with control panel inside. my question is or my problem I should say is I am plugged into 110 at my house and my chassis batteries keep going dead even when I turn battery disconnect on outside in battery compartment too off..also when I have it in the on position with my 110 plugged in and wall unit in charge button on my chassis batteries still are going dead. Is my magnum unit suppose to keep them charged? My house batteries are changing fine. When I use aux. Batteries to start my motorhome my alternator charges up my chassis batteries fine..Any suggestions anyone???
wade5251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade5251 View Post
I have a new 2015 Legacy 360rb. I have magnum inverter/charger with control panel inside. my question is or my problem I should say is I am plugged into 110 at my house and my chassis batteries keep going dead even when I turn battery disconnect on outside in battery compartment too off..also when I have it in the on position with my 110 plugged in and wall unit in charge button on my chassis batteries still are going dead. Is my magnum unit suppose to keep them charged? My house batteries are changing fine. When I use aux. Batteries to start my motorhome my alternator charges up my chassis batteries fine..Any suggestions anyone???

Not sure I understand your question completely, but the first thing I would do is check to see if the inverter/charger is receiving 110 vac power when your trailer is plugged into shore power? Is the circuit breaker popped?
Old 04-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #3

I am getting power to my inverter/charger and the 30 amp is not piped out...The inverter/charger is doing everything it is suppose to do except charge chassis batteries...I am just guessing but it would seem that it should send at least a trickle charge to chassis batteries either while or after charging house batteries was just wondering if anyone nows how these newer rigs are sit up..
Old 04-19-2015, 04:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade5251 View Post
I am getting power to my inverter/charger and the 30 amp is not piped out...The inverter/charger is doing everything it is suppose to do except charge chassis batteries...I am just guessing but it would seem that it should send at least a trickle charge to chassis batteries either while or after charging house batteries was just wondering if anyone nows how these newer rigs are sit up..
This issue has come up before on the Legacy thread. They are supposed to charge, and I have tested mine to make sure they do with a volt meter. There are some in-line fuses between the charger and your house batteries, located right next to the house batteries. Could have blown. There was a service bulletin on this issue not too long ago and dealers were supposed to have checked up on it. If the fuses are not the issue, a call to Mitch or Randy at the FR factory can point you in the right direction. Likely a very simple fix not worth taking to the dealer.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:09 AM   #5

Thanks I will give them a call tommorow. Get back with ya and post fix..I am with you probably a fuse or simple fix..
Old 10-12-2015, 07:24 AM   #6

Can anyone tell me how they corrected the problem....I had a hard time starting mine yesterday and also noticed low battery popped up on the display screen when I did get it runnign
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, battery