Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #1

Slider will not move

I just brought my Wildcat 5th wheel home from the RV center...state inspection and some sealing work was done. When I parked and leveled the unit and tried to extend the silder room (sofa and dinette), nothing happened. No clicking sound...nothing! This has never occurred before and the room certainly moved in and out before I took the unit to the shop. I checked the fuses in the panel inside the RV. No blown fuses there...are there fuses for the slideout located somewhere else...under the room and along the wiring harness, perhaps? The battery was checked and it is "new" and the RV is hooked up to the house current. I have never had this problem and I do not even know how to crank out the room manually. Can anyone help me with this problem...2001 Wildcat 5th wheel. Thanks
nikemart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Trace the positive cable from the battery. Usually a main breaker, with a small reset button on one end. Won't be more than 5 feet from the battery itself, whatever storage compartment it is in.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #3

slider

Thanks for the reply. I traced the positive lead and no luck...no breaker and no reset button located in the battery compartment.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

It's there. Actually should be two of them. One will feed the camper, and the other will run the slide. A quick check, since you are on hooked to AC, measure the voltage on the battery. Should be over 13.5, as the converter will be charging it. That will verify the camper breaker is good. Just a matter of finding the slide breaker. usually behind some kind of panel in the storage compartment with the battery. Never seen one without the breaker, so it is there. Don't know how far you chased the positive lead, but keep going.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikemart View Post
Thanks for the reply. I traced the positive lead and no luck...no breaker and no reset button located in the battery compartment.
As Windrider said, it's there. You're just not recognizing it. It will be itsy bitsy reset breaker that is nothing more than a very small black button. It needs to be pushed in. On my previous 2004 Wildcat it was actually behind a protective rubber cover. Look again.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm glad they put my breakers right out in the open!
Keep looking!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #7

slider

Thanks everyone.
I must be blind. I traced the wiring as far as I could in the battery compartment...yes, I took off the protective rubber cover and looked at everything...found the color coded wires that match those of the inside switch, but never found the "itsy bitsy" black button. Next step...crawl under the RV and look under the slider. If no luck, I'll call the shop tomorrow morning and ask for assistance.
Again, thanks for your comments and attempts to help...much appreciated.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
Site Team

any chance the battery was taken out and put back in, while at the RV center?
crossing the battery wires is the most common cause of setting off the resettable breaker switch.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #9

Here's a photo of the reset buttons (mini-breakers) that I was talking about. The little black spots on the side of the connection are the buttons. Even if this isn't the solution to your problem, it's good to know about these reset buttons.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #10

slide won't move

Rather then start a new thread perhaps I can hook on to this one. I have 2 slides with the rear stuck open in a state park, no electricity. We manually cranked the gear to retract the slide. I also had a problem with the batteries and replaced both house batteries. When I replaced the batteries is it possible that I needed to reset something as explained in the thread? Checked the fuses and they are good. Thanks
ljcpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcpmc
Rather then start a new thread perhaps I can hook on to this one. I have 2 slides with the rear stuck open in a state park, no electricity. We manually cranked the gear to retract the slide. I also had a problem with the batteries and replaced both house batteries. When I replaced the batteries is it possible that I needed to reset something as explained in the thread? Checked the fuses and they are good. Thanks
Have you checked for any resetable circuit breakers near battery ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcpmc View Post
you most likely crossed the battery wires and set off the resettable breaker/fuse.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote