Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #11

I will double check tomorrow. I think I have lights and awning both with and without shore power. Are the lights and awning strictly 12V?

Old 09-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #12

Quote:
I will double check tomorrow. I think I have lights and awning both with and without shore power. Are the lights and awning strictly 12V?
Yes they are 12 volt, can't say there are not any exceptions to that though.

I could be wrong but I'm thinking your lights and awning may be powered by the converter, so they don't need the battery to get 12 volts, if your plugged into 110. I'm thinking your jacks and slide(s) are wired to the battery, so if that breaker trips, they get no juice. That's the only way I can see why they wouldn't work and other 12 volt stuff does....

Like I said, follow the positive wire from the battery and you should find the breaker... They are just a circuit breaker that if tripped it will resets itself when it cools down. They can ware out, just like regular breakers.

2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonshughes
All 12 volt loads use the converter (if on shore power) and battery, always, they are connected in parallel. Only exception to this are large loads which may draw more than the converter can provide, then the battery takes the brunt. EX- central hydraulic system draws 80 amps deploying jacks, no converter can suppy. All loads are seperately fused, lights, app. Etc from the DC re powerpanel. Large loads are cabled and current protected remotely, like slides and jacks.
Only lights on 115VAC are those you plug in. Because yours acted off and on with a delay that should lead to a power supply, breaker, fault.