Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #1

Slides not working at panel

I just purchased a 2014 Vcross platinum, got home from camping and the slides and awning stopped working from the panel but they will work with the remote,all other functions on the panel work(lights,pump,water heater and tank level). Anyone have any ideas?
Ghmjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghmjr View Post
I just purchased a 2014 Vcross platinum, got home from camping and the slides and awning stopped working from the panel but they will work with the remote,all other functions on the panel work(lights,pump,water heater and tank level). Anyone have any ideas?

You need to locate the control power supply for slides/awning. The other loads each have their own 12VDC supplies and are unrelated. Since it's only control power it's not a large fuse. May be in the fuse panel- 12 Volt side. Possibly a bad connection on back of panel.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:50 PM   #3

Same Here

I have this same issue on an Evo 2550. I have checked all of the fuses on the main panel and all are good.
I checked the connections on the panel switch and I don't have any power to the slide out switch. Obviously there is another fuse somewhere, or a disconnected wire at the distribution panel. I can't figure out where the wires are coming down from the panel to the fuse box.
I also wanted to find out where the wireless receiver is located.
The dealership said that there is another fuse in line with the switch. I found that the water pump has an inline fuse while looking for the slide out wires.

Did you get yours working?
mtschaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtschaef View Post
I have this same issue on an Evo 2550. I have checked all of the fuses on the main panel and all are good.
I checked the connections on the panel switch and I don't have any power to the slide out switch. Obviously there is another fuse somewhere, or a disconnected wire at the distribution panel. I can't figure out where the wires are coming down from the panel to the fuse box.
I also wanted to find out where the wireless receiver is located.
The dealership said that there is another fuse in line with the switch. I found that the water pump has an inline fuse while looking for the slide out wires.

Did you get yours working?
Most power supplies are protected near their source of power. Near battery or system. In the case of hydraulic slides the main pump motor is protected by a larger fuse or circuit breaker near the battery and down steam (of the branch circuit) an in line fuse can be used for the remote and local switches only powering solenoids and lights. It's often rule of thumb that circuit protection is mounted close to the voltage source, it's also code to do it this way.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #5

I checked all the fuses and the short stops everything is good and not tripped. I dropped it off at the dealer. So far it's been there more than camping.
Ghmjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out