Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #1
Mod free 5er

Smart Light 2000

Have a Smart Light 2000 installed and has worked flawlessly for over a year. Now, when it is turned on it after dark, it will flash the blue light, then after a few seconds it switches to green and keeps flashing green and will not activate the white light. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? I haven't checked the bulb yet as I just discovered the problem tonight.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #2

Probably your bulb is blown. If it switched from blue to green then it is dark enough to activate... green should be night time auto mode enabled, but it shouldn't be blinking. If motion is not activating the main light and there are no other lights that might be shining on the fixture then my first guess would be your bulb.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:24 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
Probably your bulb is blown. If it switched from blue to green then it is dark enough to activate... green should be night time auto mode enabled, but it shouldn't be blinking. If motion is not activating the main light and there are no other lights that might be shining on the fixture then my first guess would be your bulb.
I thought ours blinked blue at night but regardless of the color, it always blinked at night. Will check the bulb in the morning.

Do you have a copy of the manual?
Old 05-07-2015, 10:26 PM   #4

Just an afterthought. You might try turning it off.. covering the sensor, then switching it back on just to ensure there isn't another external light source messing with the sensor. If night auto doesn't activate after that, then I would go back to the bulb.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Just an afterthought. You might try turning it off.. covering the sensor, then switching it back on just to ensure there isn't another external light source messing with the sensor. If night auto doesn't activate after that, then I would go back to the bulb.
Where it's parked it has always worked as there are no other lights around, we live in the country. Wife and dog use it as a night light when the dog goes out to do its business on that side of the trailer.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I thought ours blinked blue at night but regardless of the color, it always blinked at night. Will check the bulb in the morning.

Do you have a copy of the manual?
Blue should be day-time auto mode. Green.. night-time auto.

Sure sure.. hang on..

Ok.. it's says:

"When activated in the “NIGHT-TIME Auto Mode” function, the Multi-Colored LED will blink “GREEN”

This indicates that the unit is activated, it is dark outside, your battery is charged, and that the light will illuminate if the proper motion is detected."

The only other "faults" in the troubleshooting guide show a red led.. etc etc.. and if no light is coming on it says.. Power not on, improperly grounded, or blown bulb.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #7

Smart Light 2000 manual

I found a manual online if it helps.

Smart Light 2000 manual

Old 05-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
I found a manual online if it helps.

Smart Light 2000 manual

Thank you very much, will check the bulb in a few minutes.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:55 AM   #9
Mod free 5er

Bulb was bad, replaced with an LED. Will have to wait until tonight to see if the motion part works. Taping over everything with black tape wouldn't activate the night time mode, but flipping the switch off and then back on would turn the scare light on. Thank you very much Yarome.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:57 AM   #10

OC if you turn the light on with out putting it into motion mode and light still will not come on, it a bad bulb. (using it as light only mode) Check also to see if those little plastic sensor covers are cracked. They will send you a new set free. Green is night and blue is day Led if only if it's set for motion detection otherwise they do not come on when just used as a light on and off mode.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:03 AM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
OC if you turn the light on with out putting it into motion mode and light still will not come on, it a bad bulb. (using it as light only mode) Check also to see if those little plastic sensor covers are cracked. They will send you a new set free. Green is night and blue is day Led if only if it's set for motion detection otherwise they do not come on when just used as a light on and off mode.
Replaced the bulb with an led bulb and it works as a scare light, will have to wait until tonight to see if it works in the motion detection mode.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:27 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Replaced the bulb with an led bulb and it works as a scare light, will have to wait until tonight to see if it works in the motion detection mode. Thanks.
Well, it works like it is supposed to and I like the led bulb also. BTW jarome you are correct, it blinks green at night, not blue. I was wrong again.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Well, it works like it is supposed to and I like the led bulb also. BTW jarome you are correct, it blinks green at night, not blue. I was wrong again.
Good deal! I was wrong too. I knew it was green for night mode, but I didn't remember mine blinking.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Good deal! I was wrong too. I knew it was green for night mode, but I didn't remember mine blinking.
Sorry about misspelling your handle.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Sorry about misspelling your handle.
S'aright... Just yesterday Turbs called me WDR.

That new batch of suds must be sumpin else

Tags
light