Old 06-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #41
Originally Posted by wentcamping View Post
Dealer called me back today and told me that my converter is shot. They are ordering a replacement but he isn't sure if it will make it in time for our Yellowstone trip that starts 6/20...

I don't have my unit handy and this is the only pic I have of it but I was thinking of replacing it with the PD 9280 on my own if the warranty replacement doesn't come in time. But the reviews I'm reading say that the cord comes in a 20A plug. I don't think the back of my panel had a 20A outlet but instead a 15A.

Did you guys have to modify your panel in order to plug in the 9280 or was it a direct swap? Otherwise the 9270 has the 15A plug but will a 70A converter be enough?

The trailer is a Sabre 36QBOK (2015). I wish I had it back so that I could lay my hands on it and figure out what plug is on the back and what converter is installed...
I'm no electrician but I think somebody was in a hurry when they did those connections.

2003 Duramax
2010 Blue Ridge
1 DW
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:46 AM   #42
Originally Posted by themounties View Post
I'm no electrician but I think somebody was in a hurry when they did those connections.
I'm not either but those broken strands seem like flex failures. I would suspect that the unit wasn't fastened down and that the movement kept flexing the cables at the connection and most of the strands have broken.

2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8282WS Platinum, GY Marathon LRD, TST 507RV TPMS
2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB D/A, Curt E16, Prodigy P2, Garmin RV760LMT w/BC-20 b/u cam

DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:20 AM   #43
Installer did that on purpose to make wires easier to capture with the screws. He/she/it should be fired. I have same converter...I jus' opened-up the screws. Big wire will fit with some maneuvering.

2014 XLR 415AMP, 2011 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW, three bikes, NRA Benefactors.2013=180, 2014=184, 2015=216, 2016=220 jus' completed 7300 mile trek.
dwhit is offline   Reply With Quote