Old 07-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Solar Mount?

We just bought a new Solaire 213x and I plan to mount my 225w solar panel on my roof. I do not want to void the roof warranty by drilling holes into the roof. Is there a tried and true method without using screws? I've seen the Dicor/Screw/Dicor method and it seems to be the best way if you're not concerned about the warranty. Is there any type of adhesive that can be used to mount the "z" brackets?

PhotoDj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Denver, CO
What about these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar brackets.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	40897  

2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Originally Posted by PhotoDj View Post
We just bought a new Solaire 213x and I plan to mount my 225w solar panel on my roof. I do not want to void the roof warranty by drilling holes into the roof.
We have been researching this as well. I am not ready to drill any holes in the roof either, but haven't found anything that seems adequate to hold the panels on the roof while going down the road at 60mph.

In talking to our dealer, they said they install many solar systems every year - all with screws. They offered to just install and seal the brackets, if we wanted to do the rest. this seemed like a good option. i've found that most DIY projects involve learing as you go the first time - and that's OK for some things, but not the roof. To me, this one falls into the leave it to a pro category - assuming he has practiced many times before on somebody else's roof...

I didn't think to ask them about how or if having them do the bracket install would affect the warranty.

Congrats on the Solaire - we thought the new models really looked great. Unfortunately our local dealer dropped Palomino, so we never got to see one in person. But we found the Roo and decided the new island kitchen floorplan was perfect and went for that instead.

2005 F-150 FX4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is online now   Reply With Quote