Old 12-28-2015, 06:22 PM   #11
Can't speak for anyone but myself and even that is shaky sometimes - but I think I would calculate my daily electrical usage (use 12V when possible; add 10% to 120V devices because of inverter efficiency) and have battery capacity to meet that need while maintaining my desired minimum charge (as a general rule, batteries live longer when not discharged far but can't find that graphic just now) and have solar panels to recharge the planned usage in a reasonable time (presume 5 hours a day?). My battery capacity needs to be adequate to deal with the occasional cloudy day without harming the batteries.

Steve & Debbie Russell
2013 Sunseeker 2900
Starry2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #12
Thanks for the information. Have to decide soon as we are heading to Quartzsite AZ in less than a month. It would be a big help there.

2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2015 Camping 3 trips 6 nights
2016 Camping 9 trips 28 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Starry2some View Post
Mel, we used the self tapping screws supplied by Renogy with the brackets. They had a grip, they compressed the Dicor beneath the bracket. A squirt of Dicor in the hole, a layer of Dicor under the bracket, another layer on top of the bracket and screws so I doubt they will move.
Thanks, I did the same with my two 100w panels. Going to add a third next weekend and move my TH. Not getting much sun where it's at now..

2016 FR Vengeance 25V Toy Hauler
2015 Ram 2500HD CC 4x4 6.7L Cummins
2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
2005 Troy Built 3500/5250 Genny
mele is offline   Reply With Quote