Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2018, 10:21 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Checking out batteries tonight and came across solid-state batteries. That would be awesome if the could be made cheaper. I saw something that said they would charge in a minute. I had to upgrade my laptops hard drive and I went with a solid-state drive
Link? Not aware of any such thing. Solid state means no moving parts electronics. Seems to me ANY battery would qualify and particularly the various sealed types. Would like to read about this.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Link? Not aware of any such thing. Solid state means no moving parts electronics. Seems to me ANY battery would qualify and particularly the various sealed types. Would like to read about this.
Solid state means there is no liquid like a flooded lead acid, AGM or LiPo. All of these use a liquid electrolyte.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #43

On subject:

If possible you should run the panels in series - parallel configuration. In series to up the voltage level which will lower current levels and let the mppt have something to work with.
In parallel to limit effect of shadowing. Mppt will up current with less voltage in order to maintain power level.

Though not on an RV or mobile unit I have this configuration with my 30 panel system. 3 banks of 10 panels. Generates 8800 watts at 389 volts. Inverted to 220V 30 amp pure sine AC. Inverter limits to 7700 watts.

OP's issue is the batteries are:

1 not enough capacity
2. have been damaged.
3. needs auto start on generator set at 12V to protect batteries (lead acid or agm)
4. needs battery monitoring system that ties to generator for auto start and information for proper operation.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #44
Site Team

The site team has removed some off-topic postings as well as some that definitely violate the "no politics" guideline.

We'll see if we can "maybe" just move some of these to their own thread and that conversation can continue, but they are not helpful to the OP here.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #45

I looked up Fisker, seems like challenging time with the battery company who eventually bought them out! Some beautiful cars produced over the years. The magic batteries? Lithium same as millions of other users. Twenty years ago they were in vogue and lots of new ones have been promised.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar