Old 08-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #51
Site Team - Lou

A good 4 stage battery charger is a great investment in any case.
I always carry my Ship-n-Shore charger in the battery compartment.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #52

Any luck?

Family Camper's -'96 Coleman SunValley;'00 Forest River Shamrock 25'; '12 Keystone Raptor 41'
strokendiesel002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #53

No luck yet. I may have to wait until Aug. 9 to get the TT in for someone to take a look at it.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfan View Post
No luck yet. I may have to wait until Aug. 9 to get the TT in for someone to take a look at it.
Well Crudola, with a capital C.

Please keep us informed if you will. I'm still hoping for the best.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #55

Just a suggestion here. Since it seems pretty likely that you are going to be replacing the converter, you might want to consider upgrading to a Progressive Dynamics or another "good" 3 stage converter. Now would seem like the time to do it. I'm sure others can tell you the preferred converters out there or call Randy at www.bestconverter.com. Just a thought... Good luck to you.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #56
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213
Just a suggestion here. Since it seems pretty likely that you are going to be replacing the converter, you might want to consider upgrading to a Progressive Dynamics or another "good" 3 stage converter. Now would seem like the time to do it. I'm sure others can tell you the preferred converters out there or call Randy at www.bestconverter.com. Just a thought... Good luck to you.
X2 on the progressive dynamics!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #57

That's an excellent idea. I will talk to the repair guy about that. I may be able to get someone to come by tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #58

Update:

Today, thanks to a referral here from Wildwood Danny, I had A-Z Mobile RV Repair come out to my house. It was definitely the converter. He showed it to me and two of the resistors had exploded inside the converter. Replaced the converter, every electronic device in the TT worked like a charm. $394.00 including parts, labor and trip charge.

I think someone was smiling on me today. I just want to say thank you guys and gals so much for all of your help over the last couple days. I was freaking out. I've ordered a surge protector as advised by several of you. My mom and I are on our way camping and the electrician has agreed to pay for the repairs.

Thanks again all and if I ever have a chance to help out, I will surely repay the assistance.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfan
Today, thanks to a referral here from Wildwood Danny, I had A-Z Mobile RV Repair come out to my house. It was definitely the converter. He showed it to me and two of the resistors had exploded inside the converter. Replaced the converter, every electronic device in the TT worked like a charm. $394.00 including parts, labor and trip charge.

I think someone was smiling on me today. I just want to say thank you guys and gals so much for all of your help over the last couple days. I was freaking out. I've ordered a surge protector as advised by several of you. My mom and I are on our way camping and the electrician has agreed to pay for the repairs.

Thanks again all and if I ever have a chance to help out, I will surely repay the assistance.
Fantastic, enjoy your vaca!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #60
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfan View Post

WooHoo, enjoy your trip and make sure to tell us how it went. Glad you got it all fixed. Kudos to Wildwood Danny and A-Z Mobile RV Repair. I think that was a great price, especially for roadside service.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote