Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #1

Speaker Volume?

I have a brand new Wildcat 24RG. The volume knob controls the inside speakers just fine but the outside speakers are stuck on LOUD! I know there is only one volume knob that is supposed to control all speakers.

Does anyone know if there is some easy trouble shooting I can do myself to rectify the problem before I deal with taking it back to the dealer for service, or is it probably a bad radio? I was hoping someone else has ran into this problem.

Thanks.
kollinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:21 AM   #2

If you have an iRV unit, try this:

With radio on in normal mode you can turn any zone on/off with a quick push of any zone (1, 2 or 3)
To change source for zone 3:
Push and hold zone 3 button until the display reads Z3 followed by the current source that zone is playing, such as Radio/DVD/BT. Then push the mode button to change the source that is on zone 3. Now the volume knob is controlling on the source of zone 3 playback.
To control the volume on zone 1 and 2: Press and hold zone 1 for two seconds and now the volume knob is controlling zone 1 and 2 and all other operations are back to normal.

I saved this from another post, can't remember from who. It worked for me!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post

With radio on in normal mode you can turn any zone on/off with a quick push of any zone (1, 2 or 3)
Push and hold zone 3 button until the display reads Z3 followed by the current source that zone is playing, such as Radio/DVD/BT. Then push the mode button to change the source that is on zone 3. Now the volume knob is controlling on the source of zone 3 playback.
To control the volume on zone 1 and 2: Press and hold zone 1 for two seconds and now the volume knob is controlling zone 1 and 2 and all other operations are back to normal.

Thank you. It is an iRV unit. I will give this a try tomorrow afternoon. Is the holding down of the Zone something I have to do every time I want to control Zone 3 or is this a one-time thing to get it reprogrammed correctly?

It seems kind of silly that I can just press Zone 1 or Zone 2 and the volume control works perfectly fine but when I add in Zone 3 or even have Zone 3 on its own the volume control just does not touch that zone.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post

Great info thanks I'll have to try that with my system, the outside speakers are very quite, I have to blast the inside to here them outside. just the opposite of the OP
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:30 AM   #5

I gave it a try this evening and that did the trick. Unfortunately every time I cut power to my trailer and turn it back on it resets it and I have to do it every time but at least it's an easy fix that I can do right when we set up the trailer.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollinr View Post
I gave it a try this evening and that did the trick. Unfortunately every time I cut power to my trailer and turn it back on it resets it and I have to do it every time but at least it's an easy fix that I can do right when we set up the trailer.
Thanks for returning with this Info! Thanks also to Member "DavidBo" for his Input! Youroo!!