Originally Posted by 09grizzly1
Put distilled water in and charge the battery with a separate charger and check the charge with a battery hydrometer until it is fully charged. When a battery becomes fully discharged, the acid becomes water.
Two answers, I tried that and that's not accurate.
I did add water to the cells and charged for a week and it would "charge" to 13.6 volts as soon at you put any load on the battery it would almost completly discharge. This indicates that there is not enough electrolyte (H2SO4) in the battery for the Pb to react with to produce electrons. To be able to charge there has PbSO4 in the solution. If I spilled the battery, I think all of the PBSO4 is gone.
Ed,Jennifer, Dixie and Beau Bianchina
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
2011 Puma 2011 26 RLSS
Days camping in 2016: 15