Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
When the fridge is on gas, the propane does the cooling.
When on AC, the electricity powers the cooling.
So you can't compare the two.
I am showing how little power is used in propane mode. He has a lot of AC power he wants to use. I was showing that when in propane mode, his use of converted AC power won't affect rest of what he wants to run

Jim and Carol

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
I would have to say that the fridge and A/C are probably a little low. Even if they weren't the issue wont be the running amps it will be the start up... You can pull as much as 75 amps on start up for the air conditioner...
75 Amps for a 13.5 AC?????

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
You can pull as much as 75 amps on start up for the air conditioner...
I believe you are using the Locked Rotor Amperage for both the compressor and the fan. (The LRA on my 15k is 53 amps).

However startup amps can be no higher then 1.56 times the running amps in order to get a UL rating.

Having said that, I recommend a small Honda EU2000i for the press unless 50 amps is available at the pedestal. Most 30 amp only services have the 20 amp duplex breaker pig-tailed off the 30 amp breaker and are not additive to the available 30 amp service.

If your camper is wired like mine, the outlet outside is circuit protected at 15 amps and the fridge is on that circuit. Blowing that breaker and not noticing it could be problematic. Additionally, having the iron on and having the compressor/fan start, could open your main breaker. (also problematic).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote