Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #1

Stabilizer jack fuse

Greetings

I have a 2014 wild wood haritage glen lite 300BH with the electric stabilizer jacks. After our first trip, the remote would not lower the jacks. I then tried the button to lower the jacks, which worked for a split second. After checking out the setup, I noticed the bolt which secures the wire for the jack had come out, and the wire had been blown to a different position during the trip home. I zip tied the wire back to its original position. The buttons to work the jack work fine now. The wind blown position of the wire must have caused a short.

The power button near the jack has a auto reset fuse, so no problem there. The power supply from the remote control is the problem. Where would I begin to look for a blown fuse on that? The remote still powers the awning and slide outs fine, so I don't believe the problem is with the remote system. I believe the problem to be from the remote control system to the front and rear jack motors.

Thoughts?
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #2

Just had a similar problem with my front landing gear. Not sure how your unit is set up but fuses in my unit are behind the switch panel inside the unit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130605_120159.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	32279
jamesmeece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #3

I spoke to the dealer I purchased the unit from just now and he stated they had seen the problem before. He said there was a brain box which had to be reset. He stated they where located in different places on different units. I'm guessing mine is near the fuse panel since the panel beside it appears to be removable.

Seems like these units would come with a little bit more documentation. I haven't seen any documentation for the remote control unit, much less the location of it.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #4

I don't have any documentation on that either. And yes there is a reset button on the brain box. My problem was a fuse actually 2 fuses that had blown. Look closely at them. I have like 14 online fuses behind the control panel.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #5

Also you should always be connected to a power source either shore power or tow vehicle while running jacks.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #6

I found the remote brain box. I wonder how long I'm supposed to press the button for a reset?

I am getting a clicking at the box when I attempt to use the remote - jacks. Reminds me of a circuit breaker tripping and resetting a few seconds later.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #7

Just a momentary press of the button is all that is needed. The clicking is good. Check your fuses and you should be in business.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #8

I checked the fuse at the brain box, and it was good. Seems like any fuse between the brain box and the jack would also be good since I'm hearing the clicking, but I realize that might not be the case. I looked in the area of the box, and around the wiring of the jack motors and can't find any other fuses.

Maybe the dealer can provide some advise in the morning. I just missed calling the dealer before they closed today.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #9

The click is coming from contacts on the box sending power to the motor at the jack so there must be another fuse there somewhere. The dealer may be able to help in locating it. If they can't help call forest river directly.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #10

Thanks. Yeah, the dealer help has been spotty at best. I'm sure they could fix it if made the 180 mile round trip with the 6 to 7 mpg beast.

Frank
Old 06-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #11

Get it working?
Old 06-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #12

I'm holding off until vacation, which we will be starting in a few hours. I'll post what I find out.

Frank