Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
KNMIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: WASHINGTON, ILLINOIS
Posts: 115
Starting button from house battery

I have a Leprauchan 2017 260 DS does anyone know if there is a starting button if cab battery is dead? I had one on my previous RV but can't find one on this one. It used house batteries to start if cab was dead.
__________________

KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posts: 8,396
Did you look on the side of the drivers seat by chance?
__________________

__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura Average 100 + days camping
A32Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:25 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
KNMIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: WASHINGTON, ILLINOIS
Posts: 115
Thanks, I will check that out when I go to storage to start it to keep batteries charged.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #4
Lacey's Spring, AL
 
formerFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lacey's Spring, AL
Posts: 2,518
you may have an 'emergency start' or 'aux' switch, which ties the Chassis and House batteries together for just this type of situation.
__________________

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx, 100,000+mi since '14... US, Alaska, and Canada... from W.C. Georgia, then W. North Carolina, now Lacey's Spring, AL : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
you may have an 'emergency start' or 'aux' switch, which ties the Chassis and House batteries together for just this type of situation.
I believe this is the question asked by the OP. Want's to know if there is one on his unit.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Adrian Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
I have a Leprauchan 2017 260 DS does anyone know if there is a starting button if cab battery is dead? I had one on my previous RV but can't find one on this one. It used house batteries to start if cab was dead.
We have a 2018 Leprechaun RS210. It does not have the Emergency or Aux switch. Try using a set of jumper cables.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Leprachaun 210RS with DW, a German Shepherd and the cat.
Adrian Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
KNMIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: WASHINGTON, ILLINOIS
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post
We have a 2018 Leprechaun RS210. It does not have the Emergency or Aux switch. Try using a set of jumper cables.
I don't need it now but my first RV had one and I am just curious if there is one on the 260DS. I know jumper cables will work plus I have a portable jumper.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Adrian Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
I don't need it now but my first RV had one and I am just curious if there is one on the 260DS. I know jumper cables will work plus I have a portable jumper.
Based purely on the fact that the RS210 doesn't, I'm guessing your 260DS doesn't either.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Leprachaun 210RS with DW, a German Shepherd and the cat.
Adrian Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 502
stert switch

How does that switch work? I took my seat out to get at fuse's and relays and I'm not sure I pluged the wires on the switch back correctly.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:46 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
KNMIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: WASHINGTON, ILLINOIS
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppytoymaker View Post
How does that switch work? I took my seat out to get at fuse's and relays and I'm not sure I pluged the wires on the switch back correctly.
In my ex Four Winds there was a button below the steering wheel, if your coach battery was dead, you pressed button and it drew from your house battery to start your engine.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:56 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posts: 8,396
The switch under my seat only has 2 wires and 4 connections. They are attached to the 2 top pins. Yours may vary. Neither wire had power.
__________________

__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura Average 100 + days camping
A32Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.


×