Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #1

State park 30 amp info

We spent two weeks at lake mineral wells state park in Texas. I had my 50 amp to 30 amp with dogbone ready, since my favorite fishing spot is in the 30 amp section. When we first arrived, we had to make due for two days in a non fishing camp site, which was also a 30 amp. The adapter was useless due to the 20 amp gfi outlet. With our 2014 HG 300 BH, using a 30 amp service, we could run both AC units, 2 dorm refrigerators, the 26 led and direct tv genie. By accident ( sister in law ) discovered we could run the microwave as well. I was quite surprised.

When we moved to our 30 amp fishing spot site, I was unable to run just the ACs on low. I stopped by the main gate and asked if they could change out the breaker because it must be weak. They said sure.

When the guy showed up to change the breaker, I learned that the 20 amp breaker pulls it's power from the 30 amp breaker. So that park's set up for 30 amps is really just 30 amps, not 30 plus 20. This is the point I disconnected my extension cord, and plugged the second dorm refrig in the campers wall outlet in the outside kitchen.
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote