Old 11-14-2011, 06:16 AM   #11
Bad switch perhaps?

Failed in the on position?

If you can, take the panel off and unplug the wires from the switch. If the light goes off, replace the switch....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #12
jtstromsburg you may be onto something...........i have the LCI digital fob for slide and jack controls as well on our '11 ...........

herk7769 i hear ya when i pulled the wires of the porch lights rocker and it STAYED ON..........i couldnt believe it hence the desire to see a wire schematic...........

JT can you tell me if the digital fob/ receiver retain the settings as long as you have a batt hooked up???.........i assume that i will need to kill the light via the fob then

dsmvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #13
I had the same thing happen with our new 5th wheel .. The "Remote" was needed to turn the light off ..the inside rocker switch would not turn it off..
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #14
I believe the fib will retain its memory until its battery dies. This is just an assumption, but If your panel is similar to mine, remove the wood panel inside the cabinet that is behind the control panel. The receiver half of the fob/remote system its behind there and can probably be manually shut off there. At least it could give more understanding of the remote system.
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #15
sounds good fellas will see if the fob is the "culprit"
Old 11-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
I had an Award TT where the exterior lights would turn on when it warmed up and turn off when it cooled off. I found a shorted running lamp wire to a batt wire in the ceiling. it was shorted across the hot wire for the interior lights. I ended up running a new wire up to that point to bypass the shorted wire.
02 Ford Excursion V-10 4.30 gears 5 Star Tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar Rear Airbags
Prodigy and Dual Cam
07 Cherokee 32B
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #17
well i called the dealer this am............they are telling me if the light was turned on by the digital fob it will need to be turned off using the fob..........i do vaguely recall hitting the "light" button on the fob in the middle of the night...........will see this weekend but it appears the mystery is solved