Old 04-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
It also has build-in bypass in case you blow your surge protection and still needs power. You then send in the surge circuit board that is replaced easily by plugging it into the main circuit board.
When the "surge protection" (MOVs) blow, this turns on the E10 code but does NOT turn off power to your RV, so "Bypass" is unneeded in that case. The "bypass" is to bypass other error codes (and should only be done if you really know what you're doing or have been told to do it by PI tech support).

Old 04-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
Ahhh thanks. Will that prevent the need for a way to unplug it?
I think only PI could tell you if it will *always* be possible to make repairs to components rather than having to send in the whole box.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #53

Quote:
Ahhh thanks. Will that prevent the need for a way to unplug it?
Yes it is hard wired in and no one can steal it unless they breakin and rip it out. No one knows its there from the outside. That was another reson I bought it. It has a short delay when hooking up shore power and checks all the parameters before closing the contactor inside. Also the small led screen shows the voltage, amps, freq., and any past faults.

It was a great choice for me.
$289 on ebay with free shipping is a great price for the 50 amp version.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Progressive-...505#vi-content

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #54
Denver, CO

I did the hardware version, but turb's also put in disconnect and I'm wondering why if the switch turns it off.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #55

Quote:
I did the hardware version, but turb's also put in disconnect and I'm wondering why if the switch turns it off.
The disconnect connectors that Turbs has are great for the event that either a) Something were to happen where PI would need the entire unit sent in and you still want power or b) let's say you sell your rig and want to pull it out to move to your new one (or sell if you change and require a different EMS unit like moving from a 30 to a 50) just disconnect the PI and plug the wires together.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #56
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
The disconnect connectors that Turbs has are great for the event that either a) Something were to happen where PI would need the entire unit sent in and you still want power or b) let's say you sell your rig and want to pull it out to move to your new one (or sell if you change and require a different EMS unit like moving from a 30 to a 50) just disconnect the PI and plug the wires together.
Ahhhh. I see said der blind man.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #57

Quote:

Ahhhh. I see said der blind man.
Works like a champ too! I speak from experience (went from 30 amp to 50 amp) and I was able to remove and sell the PI pretty easily!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
When the "surge protection" (MOVs) blow, this turns on the E10 code but does NOT turn off power to your RV, so "Bypass" is unneeded in that case. The "bypass" is to bypass other error codes (and should only be done if you really know what you're doing or have been told to do it by PI tech support).
Thanks for the correction about if the MOV board blows.
I used the bypass wire one time when I needed power and the campground power was above the max limit of the device.
Either way it is worth the few $$'s
Thanks

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #59

Is this possible??? We purchased a Progressive Industries 50 Amp Hardwired Integrated Display EMS-LCHW50C, we asked Camping World to install..... the following is from Camping World...."Since the surge protector has a display, it has to be mounted in a place where you can see it. If we mount it by the transfer switch, it will be hidden behind a wall and you will have zero access. So the tech needs to run wire from the transfer switch, to a place where it would be accessible to the human eye and not hidden away. The cost to install it is $423.00. We did not want to proceed unless we had authorization from you. Is this possible?????
That's a lot of $$$$ for an install?????
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #60
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey3025 View Post
Is this possible??? We purchased a Progressive Industries 50 Amp Hardwired Integrated Display EMS-LCHW50C, we asked Camping World to install..... the following is from Camping World...."Since the surge protector has a display, it has to be mounted in a place where you can see it. If we mount it by the transfer switch, it will be hidden behind a wall and you will have zero access. So the tech needs to run wire from the transfer switch, to a place where it would be accessible to the human eye and not hidden away. The cost to install it is $423.00. We did not want to proceed unless we had authorization from you. Is this possible?????
That's a lot of $$$$ for an install?????
Lol !
Mine took 30 minutes to install.
And my moniter panel is near the floor.
When I open my camper door and look in its at eye level.

Cw scam.