Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #81
Papi
 
Papicamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dade City, FL (TRR)
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
At $95 and without an LCD that's gotta be the lower end model. Be careful, I don't believe that one has all the same protection, like low voltage, that the higher end model has.

I had started a thread last year to find out what the difference was between the two called "difference between surge protection and power protection" or something like that. I'm mobile right now otherwise I'd look it up for you.



Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Kaadk: Thanks for warning but It has hi/low voltage shut down, auto time out/reset, open neut, open line 1 or 2, rev phase, etc., and surge suppression rated at 4200 joules...I couldn't think of anything else needed or that appeared in the "high priced" models except the digital readout, etc. Again, I was not looking to go on the cheap but the price (and yes I did my homework on what it provided) was too much to resist. (Sorry to disappoint you Turb.)
__________________

__________________
PapiCamper
Cedar Creek 36CKTS
F350 Lariat ("Big Blue")
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #82
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papicamper View Post
Kaadk: Thanks for warning but It has hi/low voltage shut down, auto time out/reset, open neut, open line 1 or 2, rev phase, etc., and surge suppression rated at 4200 joules...I couldn't think of anything else needed or that appeared in the "high priced" models except the digital readout, etc. Again, I was not looking to go on the cheap but the price (and yes I did my homework on what it provided) was too much to resist. (Sorry to disappoint you Turb.)
Carry on!
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #83
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papicamper View Post
Kaadk: Thanks for warning but It has hi/low voltage shut down, auto time out/reset, open neut, open line 1 or 2, rev phase, etc., and surge suppression rated at 4200 joules...I couldn't think of anything else needed or that appeared in the "high priced" models except the digital readout, etc. Again, I was not looking to go on the cheap but the price (and yes I did my homework on what it provided) was too much to resist. (Sorry to disappoint you Turb.)
Ok, just making sure you had checked it out. I'm surprised though because based on CW's website, the one at $95 is the Surge Guard 44270. The one with the LCD display is the 34750. When I compare the two on TRC's own website (Surge Guard Product Comparison Charts | Technology Research Corporation) I see that the 44270 lacks some protection:



According to this, it doesn't have Over/Under Voltage, Open Neutral, Reverse Polarity, or Dangerous Current on Ground Wire protection. It's also missing the time delay to protect the A/C compressor and if I've read the descriptions right, the automatic reset when power comes back on.

I guess you could see where I was confused.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Ok, just making sure you had checked it out. I'm surprised though because based on CW's website, the one at $95 is the Surge Guard 44270. The one with the LCD display is the 34750. When I compare the two on TRC's own website (Surge Guard Product Comparison Charts | Technology Research Corporation) I see that the 44270 lacks some protection:



According to this, it doesn't have Over/Under Voltage, Open Neutral, Reverse Polarity, or Dangerous Current on Ground Wire protection. It's also missing the time delay to protect the A/C compressor and if I've read the descriptions right, the automatic reset when power comes back on.

I guess you could see where I was confused.
I saw the same thing when I first saw what he paid for it and looked it up to see what all it did. Not adding up for me either.
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #85
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
I saw the same thing when I first saw what he paid for it and looked it up to see what all it did. Not adding up for me either.
If his CW sold him the 34560 hardwired at the sale price of the 44270, then it could make sense how he has all the same protection but without the LCD, but that would be one hell of a deal!
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #86
Papi
 
Papicamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dade City, FL (TRR)
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Ok, just making sure you had checked it out. I'm surprised though because based on CW's website, the one at $95 is the Surge Guard 44270. The one with the LCD display is the 34750. When I compare the two on TRC's own website (Surge Guard Product Comparison Charts | Technology Research Corporation) I see that the 44270 lacks some protection:



According to this, it doesn't have Over/Under Voltage, Open Neutral, Reverse Polarity, or Dangerous Current on Ground Wire protection. It's also missing the time delay to protect the A/C compressor and if I've read the descriptions right, the automatic reset when power comes back on.

I guess you could see where I was confused.
Kaadk: I cannot argue with your findings! I will REREAD the info that came with the SG and reconfirm my earlier premise...or return device. I also was getting info from CW website (Q&A) and probably should know better than to believe the answers all the time. Your add'l info well received. Interesting that the SG has indicators for L1, L2 missing, etc. Hey...here's an idea...going to get SG on phone and ASK! LOL. I know it may have sounded too good to be true, I will def let you know what I hear from the horses mouth...THANKS again!
__________________
PapiCamper
Cedar Creek 36CKTS
F350 Lariat ("Big Blue")
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #87
Papi
 
Papicamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dade City, FL (TRR)
Posts: 201
Yep...the CW info is bogus! I can't believe I got sucked into this "deal". Thanks to KAADK and Turbo for throwing up the red flags...and me not noticing, I might add. Unit does NOT have auto shut down or restart. Per factory it is for "monitoring" only...user decides what to do (makes no sense by the way). I have a two week trip starting tomorrow...I'll use it, then probably return it to CW (with print outs of the erroneous info). Then I'll have some time to hold out for the "senior" model. Thanks to all!
__________________
PapiCamper
Cedar Creek 36CKTS
F350 Lariat ("Big Blue")
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #88
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papicamper View Post
Yep...the CW info is bogus! I can't believe I got sucked into this "deal". Thanks to KAADK and Turbo for throwing up the red flags...and me not noticing, I might add. Unit does NOT have auto shut down or restart. Per factory it is for "monitoring" only...user decides what to do (makes no sense by the way). I have a two week trip starting tomorrow...I'll use it, then probably return it to CW (with print outs of the erroneous info). Then I'll have some time to hold out for the "senior" model. Thanks to all!
Not a problem. I was in a similar spot last year and luckily the guys on this forum helped point out the same information back then. Thankfully I caught it pre-sale but if I had happened to be in a brick and mortar and seen that price I probably would have done the same as you back then.
__________________

__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.