Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2019, 07:48 PM   #1

Tail lamps, Brake lamps and running lamps out

2019 Sunseeker MBS with lights out. Was changing side rear marker light and something may have shorted out. Brake.Tail, Turn signal front and rear running lights and license plate light all out. Checked all possible fuses that I could find and they seem ok. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2019 Sunseeker 2400WS
Toad:2019 Chevrolet Sonic RS
TNYHWZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #2

Your truck fuse box should have dedicated fuses for the trailer, check those firat.
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:52 PM   #3

I checked all the Forest River fuses and they seemed to be ok. Looks like none dedicated to tail lamps.

2019 Sunseeker 2400WS
Old 06-24-2019, 08:07 PM   #4

Since its a MH would check the (truck) chassis fuses. The Forest River fuses probably do not include the taillights etc.

Good Luck !!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
Your truck fuse box should have dedicated fuses for the trailer, check those firat.
Was a trailer mentioned in this scenario?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I took it to mean the rv chassis fuses instead of the rv fuses.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #7

You probably blew a fuse. As stated, this would be a truck chassis fuse. Check your owners manual. It should have the fuse, fuse type and location listed in the owners manual.
You may have more than one chassis fuse box. My Ford has 2 chassis fuse boxes, one under the hood and one under the dash.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #8
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
You probably blew a fuse. As stated, this would be a truck chassis fuse. Check your owners manual. It should have the fuse, fuse type and location listed in the owners manual.
You may have more than one chassis fuse box. My Ford has 2 chassis fuse boxes, one under the hood and one under the dash.
Most of the fuses for the MB Sprinter chassis are under the drivers seat and accessible from the stepwell. There is a cover that must be removed first to access the MB fuse panel. However, the fuse your looking for is not part of that panel but rather a separate fuse tucked in next to it. Forest River uses a trailer controler/adapter to isolate the lights they add to the chassis and on my 2017 Forester MBS 2401WS there are 2 fuses one in front that I just mentioned and a second in the back near the rear bumper on the drivers side under the coach on a 6 inch square aluminum plate where the controller is located.

This controller is connected to the 7 Pin trailer plug, the clearance lights, tail lights, stop lights, back-up lights and directional signal lights.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #9

Which MB fuse panel are you referring to. Drivers seat or left side under dash?I checked all the push fuses with a voltmeter and they are all good. I will check the fuse in the rear. Thanks for the great information.

2019 Sunseeker 2400WS
Old 06-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	1JqDOt1LRH2VQi0eFluibg.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	208256
Is this what you are referring too?

2019 Sunseeker 2400WS
Old 06-25-2019, 11:39 PM   #11
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNYHWZ View Post
Attachment 208256
Is this what you are referring too?
That is the converter in the back I was referring to. There is a fuse there on my 2017. However, you may not have one there since you have a newer unit. There was a recall on the converter and the fix was to replace a Curtis converter with the Hopkins I see in your picture and add the fuse under the drivers seat. Since the fuse was added by Forest River it is not part of the Sprinter panel but simply placed next to it by the tech making the modification.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #12

I just had the same thing happen (2019 MBS Sunseeker). The fuse for the tail lights is under the drivers seat, behind the fuse panel. It is a 15 amp in line fuse. To find it, you must lift the black plastic cover that is on top of the white seat base (under the chair).

Do you pull a toad? If so, did you connect it via the 7 pin plug?
Old 08-29-2021, 08:15 AM   #13

Same thing happen to me a couple days ago. Nothing in my forrest river manual at all about how they hook these up. Thanks to the forum I was able to avoid a camping world visit to figure it out. Thanks all who post here. New member here and on our first road trip across country.Ted
Soroted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:36 PM   #14

Thanks A Ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
This is the first time in my life I've ever owned a truck that I did not manually add electrical for trailer lights. Of course I never did it the right way ...Always a little too under the shade tree of you know what I mean.

Anyway...I severed the power supply cable from truck to trailer last week when I made too tight of a turn and had not run my cable the right way. Some of my lights stopped working but not all of them. I just assumed I had jacked up the wire so bad that I just needed to replace the wire.

After doing that and testing the lights ... there may have been some words said my mom would not approve of me saying nor would I if I said them in front of her when tthe lights didn't work. Just the same one that worked prior to repair. Gotta be a fuse right?

I came here thinking maybe there was a fuse in the trailer I didn't know about and saw this post. Turns out it was a fuse under the hood! I feel stupid thinking there never would have been a fuse under there for that. However I am delighted that you knew it. Thanks for sharing!
mretuck is offline   Reply With Quote