Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #1

Throwing breakers

Hello all I don't understand why I keep throwing breakers w my 2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604
I posted on this same issue back earlier this year. Then it was a small heater plugged in at rear door throwing them. Now it's the bath room rec with hair dryer going and nothing else. No AC no quick oven. Not throwing main just the local breaker with nothing pulling else on it. Why are these so week what do I have to look forward to this summer when I have AC going. A total melt down??? Not trying to be funny. Just kinda sad. I traded in a Keystone 27RLS with no thrown breakers unless I had AC, and hair dryer going or quick oven at same time. Any help in this area. I don't want to have to run a separate drop cord into trailer. Thanks and it's warming up here in the south
Hawg Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #2

Sounds to me like you may have a bad breaker if it is tripping with just a hair dryer.

A 1500 watt hair dryer will only pull 12.5 amps. What is the amp rating of the breaker that is tripping?

When you say local breaker, do you mean the breaker in your power panel that feeds the bathroom?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Hunter View Post
Hello all I don't understand why I keep throwing breakers w my 2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604
I posted on this same issue back earlier this year. Then it was a small heater plugged in at rear door throwing them. Now it's the bath room rec with hair dryer going and nothing else. No AC no quick oven. Not throwing main just the local breaker with nothing pulling else on it. Why are these so week what do I have to look forward to this summer when I have AC going. A total melt down??? Not trying to be funny. Just kinda sad. I traded in a Keystone 27RLS with no thrown breakers unless I had AC, and hair dryer going or quick oven at same time. Any help in this area. I don't want to have to run a separate drop cord into trailer. Thanks and it's warming up here in the south
Another question, do you perhaps have a water heater that is running on electricity?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #4

Yes the breaker that's responsible for wherever small heater or dryer is getting its power from. I've had to reset numerous breakers on this camper. Never on my other one unless it was truly overloaded. Like AC, McW and others going at same time Seems like a week breaker box. ???
Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #5

Water heater was on electricity but has always been on with my Sprinter also. I love this foot plan but this Rock Wood 2604 RL seems to be a bit weak and not made as well I hate saying that Brits a beautiful camper with lots of upgrades but just feels week in areas.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #6

Weak as in other areas like floor,pull out steps ,shower stall and the 4 crank down stabilizer jacks
Old 05-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Water heater was on electricity but has always been on with my Sprinter also. I love this foot plan but this Rock Wood 2604 RL seems to be a bit weak and not made as well I hate saying that Brits a beautiful camper with lots of upgrades but just feels week in areas.
You wouldn't think that they would run the bathroom outlets and the water heater electric element on the same circuit......but you never know.

The reason I asked is that if for some odd reason they are both on a same circuit (but shouldn't be)....is that a 1500 watt hair dryer and a 1500 watt electric heating element in the water heater would definitely overload a breaker if they were both on at the same time. They would be pulling 24-25 amps together.

Just throwing ideas out......and they may not apply to your problem at all.

I guess you could always just turn off the water heaters electric heating element, and use the hair dryer to see if it makes any improvement.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #8

To turn off element and run on gas I turn switch to off outside at tank and turn wh switch to on inside and that ignites gas burner correct. This has always confused me. Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
To turn off element and run on gas I turn switch to off outside at tank and turn wh switch to on inside and that ignites gas burner correct. This has always confused me. Thanks
That's it, if you have a Suburban dual power source water heater.

Here is a link that may help:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ore-36197.html

Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #10

Thanks y'all for info. I'm on a plane headed home to Newnan Ga flying from Des Moines to Atl. I fly somewhere 50 wks a year but thank the lord I got a job.. Headed tole West Point for 4 nights next weekend. Looking forward to it. Got 6 nights in during two trips shofar this year. Thaw aain
Old 05-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Could be as simple as a "weak breaker"...they are cheap. Replace it and see if that helps.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #12

I read instruction post. I got it now !!!! Tks u da man