Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 04:53 PM   #21
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighting546 View Post
I managed to do some more troubleshooting between rain bands and here is what I found:
Just for giggles I decided to start with the right turn signal on the trailer( I had to start somewhere, I removed the LED bulb and put a brand new 1157 bulb in the socket, then I turned the right turn signal on and everything worked the way it's supposed to work.

Then I removed the bulb and put the LED bulb back in and all of the lights blink. I then pulled the LED bulb out of the left signal and put an 1157 bulb in it and nothing changed, all the lights were still blinking.

I went and removed the LED from the right side, put the regular bulb in and the lights worked properly, Then I pulled the bulb from the left side and put the LED from the right side into the left signal and all the lights blink.

I think I can safely say that the problem is a defective LED bulb, hopefully Amazon will send me a replacement, if not I'll just order another complete set so I'll have a spare on hand.

Now all I've got to do is figure out why the LPG detector isn't working, I just installed a new one last week (man are they expensive), and no fuses are blown.

This is my first 5ver and I'm finding out how steep of a learning curve these things require when it comes to fixing things.

Thanks for all the help and ideas on figuring out how to troubleshoot and fix the lighting issue.
Thanks for the update. You're not the first to get a defective one through Amazon and that is why I suggested it could be defective. I had one smoke & melt. They're so cheap I ordered another pair.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:20 AM   #22
Wrench Turnin Fool

Glad you were able to figure it out.
Someone else said it...(paraphrasing) "if there's a problem after you changed something... go back and look at what you changed."

2001 Coleman SantaFe pop up
Excited new owner of 2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8
Towing with a 2005 F-250 5.4 GASSER
Arctic Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Do you have 12v power at the detector?
I got this issue figured out and fixed this afternoon. The fix was very quick, easy and cheap. The family that I bought it from had disconnected the positive lead and put a ring terminal on it and then connected both negative and positive wires to the frame ground.
Lighting546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighting546 View Post
I got this issue figured out and fixed this afternoon. The fix was very quick, easy and cheap. The family that I bought it from had disconnected the positive lead and put a ring terminal on it and then connected both negative and positive wires to the frame ground.
Glad you got it working and thanks for posting back.
Helps others down the line chasing similar problems.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:59 AM   #25

It doesn't make sense but if it fixed your problem, I guess you are good. I am guessing the fuse that drives that positive wire is blown somewhere.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light