Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #1

Umbilical connections

Just helped a friend of mine connect wiring for the trailer he pulls behind his TT for a golf cart. Anyway while I'm under the TT I see a loose wire. It was the hot wire for the emergency break away. Since finding that I checked and found another wire that was loose. This was on a Puma. The Umbilical runs to a 4" junction box that is mounted to the frame on the drivers side of TT. One of the wires that was loose was a white with red strip going the post of the main reset breaker. Does anyone know what that powers. the wires are a large pair fused together like an extension cord. The other leg goes to the main grounding post. From the connection the wires run up into the TT in the very front. I'm asking because he used it this past weekend and had problem with the slides and it cured its self. When I found it loose it didn't appear to be shorted. Also just to warn other folks that may be running wires for trailer towed behind TT, you have to reverse the green and brown wires your connecting to TT. For some reason FR wires ass backwards from conventional.