Originally Posted by The Bern
With the battery disconnected and the RV plugged into 110v the converter's fan will come on after a few hours and continue running. The inside coach temperature has been above 85 deg. In checking each DC fused line in my control panel I have power being used on only two circuits. One goes to my vent fans (.01 Amps) and the other is through a 15a fuse labeled DSI for a total of .18 Amps which is providing power to the LP detector (.08 Amps) plus something else (.10 Amps). I don't know what the something else is. Can someone give me a hint? It seems that the ambient temperature plus the constant .18 Amps is enough to trigger the converter fan so if I can eliminate the extra .10 Amps it may be enough to prevent the fan from turning on.
I don't understand why you have disconnected he battery. You say you are on shorepower (110 VAC) so there is no reason to unhook it. Two things you didn't mention are the fridge and hot water heater. The fridge, even on propane, requires 12 VDC for the controls and ignition of the heater. `Yes, there is a heater on your fridge. The hot water heater uses 12 VDC to ignite and for the control circuit. Sense you are on shorepower check to see if the HW heater is on propane. You may have the option to switch it over o 110 VAC and save your propane.
Oh, and I would recommend hooking he battery back up.