Old 11-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
Voltage flickering

I was getting packed up to hit the road for a bit and went back into the RV (FR 3051S). When I went in the light were flickering and the charge status meter lights were also flickering. I also have a charge controller for my solar system which reports various things like baterry voltage. That display also seemed to flicker from 9Vto 15V (or something like that)

All this time I was plugged in to shore power (i.e. to my house).

Any ideas?

NOTE: I also ran the generator to see if it was a shore power issue but the lights and charge meter also flickered on generator power.

grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
FYI: This all happened just after I got my unit back from the shop. I noticed I have one of these (Blue Sea Systems - Manual M-Series (Mini Battery Switches) - Battery Switches - Switches - Electrical - Downwind Marine) and it was off. what does this do?

Old 11-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
Well...FYI... I sorted it all out. :-)

The flickering was due to the fact that the battery shut off (in post #2) was in the off position. So when I got my unit back from the shop apparently they flipped the battery shut off bypass. After flipping all my breakers and checking all my fuses is when I found the battery shut-off knob (post #2). Once I flipped that to ON and turned on all my breakers.... ALL was good.

FYI: also to note was that my Dometic Fridge was reporting E0. Apparently, the fridge defaults to a E0 error at very low voltage (i.e. because of the battery override shutoff). Anyway, the ONLY way I could get the E0 error to go away was to access the back of the refrigerator (from outside the RV) and physically disconnect the 12V DC wire. Once I disconnected the wire.. waited 5 min.. then reconnected, the error went away. No combination of flipping breakers did anything.. only disconnecting the wire..

I hope this can help some one in the future as it took me HOURS to diagnose. :-)