Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #1

WeBoost Hardwiring to DC Power

Hi all,

Just got a 2018 Flagstaff Micro-Lite travel trailer (full-timing). First post in the forums.

I'm installing a weboost system and there is an optional hardwired DC power connector. Seems like this would be the cleanest solution since we'll be using it while dry camping from time to time. I'm not familiar with the wiring in our unit yet though.

Any suggestions (or resources out there) on the best places to hardwire into DC power? Maybe there's a place near the fridge?

Thank you!
whizgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

If you have the propane fridge there will be a 12v source near it to power the fridge. I'd put a switch on it to kill the power for when your not wanting to to be running.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #3

I have similar plans. I intend to tap into the wires going the 12V charging panel which will be close to where I'm putting the booster transmitter. That way if something goes wonky I won't be blowing any essential fuses.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #4

Thanks! I think we've decided to connect the booster near the stereo since it's about halfway through the unit. Now I'm trying to decide if we want to connect it directly to the DC power or if we should install a DC outlet to hook it up to.

I'll update if we run into any issues.
whizgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
I have similar plans. I intend to tap into the wires going the 12V charging panel which will be close to where I'm putting the booster transmitter. That way if something goes wonky I won't be blowing any essential fuses.

If you’ve got a central vacuum, it usually is, well in the center of the RV. This would be the best spot to get good coverage from front to back. Here’s where the vacuum comes in, they’ve put a plug in the inside of the wall, mine is behind the fuse box where there is a nice little cavity where all their wires ran. Kinda the command location where it all comes into the inside. The plug is a regular house outlet back there. That’s where I plugged mine into. It’s hidden and out of the way and all you see is an antenna mounted on the side of the wall.
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #6

I'd go one step further

12v to USB
https://www.amazon.com/Ginsco-Charge...8-4&ref=sr_1_4

USB to 5v
https://www.amazon.com/CableDeconn-V...1_1_sspa&psc=1
lhuff35204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:02 AM   #7

I installed a 12 volt acc outlet near the couch which is connected directly to the coach batteries with in line fuse. When we need the boost we just plug in the booster. We do not leave it on all the time. Came in very handy when we where in Yellowstone and Teton last week.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, wiring