Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 08:52 PM   #1

Westinghouse 4500 Duel Fuel Question

Helping a friend getting his Westinghouse 4500 Duel fuel running off the RV propane low pressure line. Has anyone done this? Is there usually enough flow through a low pressure port. Generator works fine hooked up to a 20# tank with the generators supplied regulator.

Just to be clear, when hooked up to the low pressure port on the RV, not using the pressure regulator that comes with the generator.

I may need to get out my manometer. I know it needs between 7" and 14" of WC.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #2

That many inches of water sounds like what a stick house furnace might use I have no idea the inches of water on a standard RV propane regulator but you are wise to do the check.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #3

I hooked my champion up to mine without any issues and no adjustments required. I removed the regulator and put a quick connect on the regulator so I can use the trailer on a 20lb tank seperately or hook up to the TT quick connect.

I have not tried it with the furnace generator and the water heater all going (use this to run the AC) but the water heater and generator have not been an issue.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, fuel