Old 06-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #1
WFC8955 Main Board

I have a Coachman 22DSX which has a WFC8955 main board. Last fall when running the slide in off battery I heard a pop and then had nothing working off battery, shore power was ok.

This spring I cleaned all battery connections and everything is working fine off battery and shore power. However, when plugged into shore power I don't hear the 8955 humming like it use to. Also doesn't seem to be getting warm like it used to.

I'm thinking everything is OK, but also don't want to be out camping and have electrical problems if that 8955 is supposed to be running/humming.

Thanks in advance for your time to read & reply.

2011 Expedition XLT
PrimusIQ Brake Controller
2012 Coachmen 22DSX
dotsonjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:10 PM   #2
Maybe you should get a voltage meter and amp meter to make sure it is putting out enough to recharge your batteries. I would let batteries run down to 12.0v. Voltage output should be 13.6 and greater than 12 amps.

If not, you may have a problem. Perfect time to get a progressive dynamics 4655 upgrade from the WFCO. Lots of people happy with it.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"
2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote