Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #1

WFCO schematic ?

Well it's my time to whine a bit. I have not been out prospecting for a few years but when my 70th rolled around I decided I better get to it real soon. I went to check on my trailer and discovered the batteries were "dry", boiled away: there goes a couple of hundred bucks. Then I found the interior lights didn't - light that is. So the WFCO board is bad, more bucks down the drain. Why can't I find a schematic to repair the board or isn't that done any more? I guess if times weren't so damn tough I could get a part-time job for a month or so and replace it. Can't even get a job in the U.S. any more without producing a dossier - proof of this and proof of that. Used to go to a construction work site and get a few bucks for clean-up work but can't even do that now. So anyone have a schematic for a WFCO WF-8955? I'd rather not pay hundreds for a whole board when small part might cost a few bucks.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #2

Hmm, did you try the manufacturer for a board schematic? I doubt you get one because it is probably proprietary info but I bet you can get a board on completely new one for ~$100 on ebay.

Camped 2012 (21) 2013 (20) 2014 Reserved (20)
wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqunebi View Post
Well it's my time to whine a bit. I have not been out prospecting for a few years but when my 70th rolled around I decided I better get to it real soon. I went to check on my trailer and discovered the batteries were "dry", boiled away: there goes a couple of hundred bucks. Then I found the interior lights didn't - light that is. So the WFCO board is bad, more bucks down the drain. Why can't I find a schematic to repair the board or isn't that done any more? I guess if times weren't so damn tough I could get a part-time job for a month or so and replace it. Can't even get a job in the U.S. any more without producing a dossier - proof of this and proof of that. Used to go to a construction work site and get a few bucks for clean-up work but can't even do that now. So anyone have a schematic for a WFCO WF-8955? I'd rather not pay hundreds for a whole board when small part might cost a few bucks.
Get ready for another shock. I just repaired my dad's "obsolete" electronic air cleaner. One of the Zeners went bad. It was obvious because of the burn marks on the board.

After 5 DAYS of internet searching I finally found a place that would sell me a pair of diodes. Minimum quantities of 500 for most vendors (or 200 dollar minimum order).

The 4 Zeners (yea I needed one but there were two on the board) plus shipping and "handling" was 30 bucks.

The 500 min quantity places had them for 25 cents each.
They were 5 bucks each at the "yea I can get those for ya" place and 10 dollars for "shipping"

They came in an envelope with a 44 cent stamp on it.

Lou and Laura with Bella the German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - 5th Wheel Pullrite Superglide 3300
(2009: 28) (2010: 74) (2011: 93) (2012: 31) (2013: 101) (2014: 30) (2015: ?)
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but ticking everyone off is a piece of cake.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

the 8955 board is only 100.00 ish .
But even so I wouldn't "fix" up a wfco board anyway . wfco converters are cheap and just are not optimal .
When mine went bad I bought a progressive dynamics board and modded into my wfco unit .
The actual mod time to do it was about 15 minutes .
I just had to open up part of the case in the back to make it fit .
keep in mind I had a 55 amp and upgraded to a 70 amp pd .
pm me for more info .

by the way welcome to the forum !
2014 nights camped (32)
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...58-albums.html
f1100turbo is offline   Reply With Quote