Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #1

Question What is this ground wire for?

I'm in the process of replacing the pos conertone with a decent stereo, and noticed what looks like a un-connected ground wire following an antenna cable up into the roof.
It is the bare braided wire in the photo below. When I removed the concertone it was just hanging there, not attached to anything.
Ignore the attached white lead, I put that on the end to extend it so that once I figure out if it needs to be connected to something, I have the additional run to do so.
Does anyone know what purpose it serves, and where, if anywhere, it should be attached?

trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #2

Anyone?
trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
Somewhat right of center

Have you tried to pull it out of the ceiling? Any resistance? Maybe a ground for the antenna or a lead to the antenna input for the POS conertone that fell off?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikebubble
I'm in the process of replacing the pos conertone with a decent stereo, and noticed what looks like a un-connected ground wire following an antenna cable up into the roof.
It is the bare braided wire in the photo below. When I removed the concertone it was just hanging there, not attached to anything.
Ignore the attached white lead, I put that on the end to extend it so that once I figure out if it needs to be connected to something, I have the additional run to do so.
Does anyone know what purpose it serves, and where, if anywhere, it should be attached?
Sounds a AM antenna?
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #5

Looks like the ground for the antenna base.

2000 Cherokee 31BH, "flipped axles and raised",LEDs, solar, inverter, etc..aka "boondock ready". '07 Tundra 5.7L DC-LB, modded as well.