Old 10-16-2016, 11:01 PM   #31

Thank you for all your comments

Thank you for all your comments. My new 2504S Rockwood Trailer has a 13,500 BTU AC Unit. After lots and lots of research and contacting Rockwood, they supplied info (Attached and recommended a 2000 watt) - after research I learned it will not run the AC. Here's what Rockwood said "We generally recommend a 2K Gen. for units under 27, and 4K for larger units. Unfortunately running ALL of your appliances at the same time can still pop fuses as the start-up surges draw the most. I have attached a sample list of what a variety of appliance Amp draws are."

So instead of buying a very expensive Honda 3000 or a Yamaha I went with the new Champion 3500 inverter 30 amp with a remote start (will run up to a 15,000 BTU Ac Unit). This unit came out in April 2016 and is only sold through Cabala's and Camping World. Bought it for sale on line from Cabala's for $1,099 since it was on sale for a short period with free shipping and no sales tax. Here is the link to the Champion 3500 invertor -
Champion 3500 Remote-Start Inverter : Cabela's

Happy Camping Everyone

Old 10-17-2016, 12:10 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracewell View Post

So instead of buying a very expensive Honda 3000 or a Yamaha I went with the new Champion 3500 inverter 30 amp with a remote start (will run up to a 15,000 BTU Ac Unit). This unit came out in April 2016 and is only sold through Cabala's and Camping World. Bought it for sale on line from Cabala's for $1,099 since it was on sale for a short period with free shipping and no sales tax. Here is the link to the Champion 3500 invertor -
Champion 3500 Remote-Start Inverter : Cabela's
good choice,...... just a few weeks ago got the #100261 Champion 3400w, which the Champion site says is the very same machine as your #100262 Champion 3500w, just with more conservative labeling,... its a great gen. and can handle our ac and enough other items to be very comfortable when using it,.... I don't think either of us, will be disappointed with our generators,...... happy trailering

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, rockwood