Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #1

What's that beeping ?

I'm new to the forum and also a new motorhome owner. I bought a 2005 Georgetown 325 and have yet to use it.

I know very little about RVing. I could use some help to figure this thing out.

I can't locate where a beeping is coming from when parked. I think (?) everything is turned off. I removed the smoke and CO2 detectors and also charged the coach batteries using the generator.

The beep can be heard when working around the outside of the unit or under the hood in the front. I haven't heard it while inside.

Any thoughts ?
Murf
Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I'm new to the forum and also a new motorhome owner. I bought a 2005 Georgetown 325 and have yet to use it.

I know very little about RVing. I could use some help to figure this thing out.

I can't locate where a beeping is coming from when parked. I think (?) everything is turned off. I removed the smoke and CO2 detectors and also charged the coach batteries using the generator.

The beep can be heard when working around the outside of the unit or under the hood in the front. I haven't heard it while inside.

Any thoughts ?
Murf
Just a guess here, but when the level jacks system alarm sounds, I can't here it sitting next to it but I can from other areas of the coach. DW picks it up right away but can't detect where its coming from either. Very high pitched shrill. Its part of the Lippert level system, case you got the same.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Just a guess here, but when the level jacks system alarm sounds, I can't here it sitting next to it but I can from other areas of the coach. DW picks it up right away but can't detect where its coming from either. Very high pitched shrill. Its part of the Lippert level system, case you got the same.
Vince,
I don't know what the Lippert system is and the first I've heard of it.
I have a panel on the dash to deploy and retract the jacks from the drivers seat. Is that thye Lippert system and where would be "sitting next to it" ?
Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Vince,
I don't know what the Lippert system is and the first I've heard of it.
I have a panel on the dash to deploy and retract the jacks from the drivers seat. Is that thye Lippert system and where would be "sitting next to it" ?
Yes, the panel is always energized with system off to warn of low pressure, excess angle etc. Like I said, just a guess but the only thing I can come up with if you have smoke, propane and CO alarms off.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote