Old 03-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #11

I couldn't agree more that power protection is a necessity. We have an EMS-PT30C from Progressive Industries. It not only protected us from a power overload while staying at a fair, Progressive Industries then replaced the surge module inside at no cost except shipping charges getting it to them. I will never be without.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #12
Love RVing

Makes sense. We fried a coffee maker in a Ga State Park because 30 amp was wired incorrectly. Fortunately we were heating with propane or could have been more expensive. Also recognized a problem on AC unit at a NC State Park but was able to use their 50 amp connection there.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #13

I built a new home last year with a barn to store my fiver. I ask the electrician to install a RV 30 amp circuit for my RV. After move in I plugged the RV into the outlet but had no power. I checked the EMS which I had installed earlier and it indicated a problem. After looking at the outlet I discovered it had been wired incorrectly. You would think that a licensed electrician would know better. Progressive EMS may have saved me from a serious issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #14

Progressive Electrical Management System, Hardwire 50A/240V EMS-HW50C in Windjammer

Has anyone installed one of these Progressive Electrical Management System, Hardwire 50A/240V EMS-HW50C in a Rockwood Windjammer? Just wondering if there a problem with finding a space to install it.

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERV View Post
I couldn't agree more that power protection is a necessity. We have an EMS-PT30C from Progressive Industries. It not only protected us from a power overload while staying at a fair, Progressive Industries then replaced the surge module inside at no cost except shipping charges getting it to them. I will never be without.
When you had the surge and the surge module blew, your vacation is over? on the flip side if you didn't have it your vacation is still over, but with the cost of replacing who knows what...

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashog View Post
Has anyone installed one of these Progressive Electrical Management System, Hardwire 50A/240V EMS-HW50C in a Rockwood Windjammer? Just wondering if there a problem with finding a space to install it.
No problem at all. Your power center is mounted in the island peninsula and there's room to the right side. Need to pull out the power center to install it as well as spend some time in awkward body contortions. Will need to use some flexible cable to make the bend out the "other side" of the HW50C and into your power center. I used Amcor marine cable because I have marine supplies every few miles around here... 3 feet was plenty. Installed one in 3029W for friends last October.

P.S. - Watch the 240V!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashog View Post
When you had the surge and the surge module blew, your vacation is over? on the flip side if you didn't have it your vacation is still over, but with the cost of replacing who knows what...
Why would there vacation be over with the surge guard?
Old 03-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubya View Post
I built a new home last year with a barn to store my fiver. I ask the electrician to install a RV 30 amp circuit for my RV. After move in I plugged the RV into the outlet but had no power. I checked the EMS which I had installed earlier and it indicated a problem. After looking at the outlet I discovered it had been wired incorrectly. You would think that a licensed electrician would know better. Progressive EMS may have saved me from a serious issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Electricians think that since it a 30 amp plug "similar to a electric dryer" that it should be wired for 220 "like a dryer or welder" would be.
My guess is they don't know any better and uneducated about a 30 amp rv .
Old 03-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Why would there vacation be over with the surge guard?
In that case, seems the PI unit gave the ultimate sacrifice to save the life of what it protected...

Some happy campers lose their happiness when the juice dies!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
In that case, seems the PI unit gave the ultimate sacrifice to save the life of what it protected...

Some happy campers lose their happiness when the juice dies!
You can still bypass the ems and carry on like nothing happened.
Unless your afraid of the park power still lol.

TURBS

Tags
power