Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #1

Exclamation Wildcat Brake Light Blowing Fuse

I have a 2003 28ft. Wildcat 5th wheel, and my TV is a 2008 Chevrolet 2500 HD with a Durmax Deisel. When I went to pull my camper I did my light inspection and noticed that my right brake light and right turn signal is not working, but my running lamp is working. My left side is perfectly fine. I check my fuse box in my truck and noticed that the fuse labeled TRLR STOP RT (10amp) was blown, I replaced the fuse and checked my turn signal and it work but I checked the break and the light went out again. After wards the turn signal would no longer work. I re-checked my fuse on my TV and it had blown again. Anyone have any suggestions?
tsigler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #2

Well, the brake circuit and turn signal circuit are one and the same on the trailer. Does the right side brake light come on at all when applying brakes? Or does the fuse blow immediately? If it blows immediately, I'd say the problem is in the TV. If it comes on for a short period of time and then blows the fuse, then there's something drawing too much current on the trailer. Although it doesn't appear to be a dead short.

By the way, you can "typically" just use the emergency flashers for a brake light/turn signal check since the flashers/turn/brake are all the same circuit/light bulb filament for each side. Although your problem is pretty strange that the bulb will blink, but blows the fuse with brake application.
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes