Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Wiring Suburban Furnace to 2007 Salem Trailer

Have a 2007 Salem 22 foot that I am struggling with the furnace wiring. It seems the marettes that held the power wires from the furnace to the trailer have come loose. Now I am not sure which wire is what. On the Suburban furnace there is a red power wire from the fan and a yellow wire from the solenoid. Coming from the trailer there is a blue wire and a white wire. Do I hook up the white to the red and yellow to the blue or the other way around.

G
__________________

__________________
Hollywood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood16
Have a 2007 Salem 22 foot that I am struggling with the furnace wiring. It seems the marettes that held the power wires from the furnace to the trailer have come loose. Now I am not sure which wire is what. On the Suburban furnace there is a red power wire from the fan and a yellow wire from the solenoid. Coming from the trailer there is a blue wire and a white wire. Do I hook up the white to the red and yellow to the blue or the other way around.

G
Look in the files section top of page on left.
I believe there's furnace repair manuals and wiring diagrams per specific model
Ron
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Larry here, its sounds like you're in a pickle, well looking on line I found a schematic the red wire should be coming from the DSI board power terminal the yellow from a grounding terminal, its sounds like you have the old design where a delay relay is still being used, this is called a Klixon relay for the fan is this right and what model series is it / the SF series?
__________________
RV Wizerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizerd
Larry here, its sounds like you're in a pickle, well looking on line I found a schematic the red wire should be coming from the DSI board power terminal the yellow from a grounding terminal, its sounds like you have the old design where a delay relay is still being used, this is called a Klixon relay for the fan is this right and what model series is it / the SF series?
RV Wizerd. The trailer is a 2007 Salem LE 22FB Northern Edition if that helps.
__________________
Hollywood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Smile furnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood16 View Post
RV Wizerd. The trailer is a 2007 Salem LE 22FB Northern Edition if that helps.
Larry Cavens here
is it possible to get the modle number of the furnace or if prefered you can call me at my cellnumber at 604-993-0105
__________________
RV Wizerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood16 View Post
Have a 2007 Salem 22 foot that I am struggling with the furnace wiring. It seems the marettes that held the power wires from the furnace to the trailer have come loose. Now I am not sure which wire is what. On the Suburban furnace there is a red power wire from the fan and a yellow wire from the solenoid. Coming from the trailer there is a blue wire and a white wire. Do I hook up the white to the red and yellow to the blue or the other way around.

G
Here is the information you need to rewire your furnace, I got it from one of the CheapHeat installation Manuals (RV Comfort Systems). In your case you will not have the orange because you don't have one of there systems installed.
My son just bought one of there systems, its actually very cool, he just flips a switch on the side to go back and forth between gas or electric as a heat source.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furance wiring_JPG.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	17049  
__________________

__________________
HVACretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.