Old 07-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #1

Wiring Suburban Furnace to 2007 Salem Trailer

Have a 2007 Salem 22 foot that I am struggling with the furnace wiring. It seems the marettes that held the power wires from the furnace to the trailer have come loose. Now I am not sure which wire is what. On the Suburban furnace there is a red power wire from the fan and a yellow wire from the solenoid. Coming from the trailer there is a blue wire and a white wire. Do I hook up the white to the red and yellow to the blue or the other way around.

G

Old 07-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood16
Have a 2007 Salem 22 foot that I am struggling with the furnace wiring. It seems the marettes that held the power wires from the furnace to the trailer have come loose. Now I am not sure which wire is what. On the Suburban furnace there is a red power wire from the fan and a yellow wire from the solenoid. Coming from the trailer there is a blue wire and a white wire. Do I hook up the white to the red and yellow to the blue or the other way around.

G
Look in the files section top of page on left.
I believe there's furnace repair manuals and wiring diagrams per specific model
Ron

Old 07-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #3

Larry here, its sounds like you're in a pickle, well looking on line I found a schematic the red wire should be coming from the DSI board power terminal the yellow from a grounding terminal, its sounds like you have the old design where a delay relay is still being used, this is called a Klixon relay for the fan is this right and what model series is it / the SF series?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizerd
Larry here, its sounds like you're in a pickle, well looking on line I found a schematic the red wire should be coming from the DSI board power terminal the yellow from a grounding terminal, its sounds like you have the old design where a delay relay is still being used, this is called a Klixon relay for the fan is this right and what model series is it / the SF series?
RV Wizerd. The trailer is a 2007 Salem LE 22FB Northern Edition if that helps.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #5

Smile furnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood16 View Post
RV Wizerd. The trailer is a 2007 Salem LE 22FB Northern Edition if that helps.
Larry Cavens here
is it possible to get the modle number of the furnace or if prefered you can call me at my cellnumber at 604-993-0105
Old 07-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood16 View Post

G
Here is the information you need to rewire your furnace, I got it from one of the CheapHeat installation Manuals (RV Comfort Systems). In your case you will not have the orange because you don't have one of there systems installed.
My son just bought one of there systems, its actually very cool, he just flips a switch on the side to go back and forth between gas or electric as a heat source.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furance wiring_JPG.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	17049