Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2017, 05:20 AM   #21
"On the road again"

[QUOTE=Oaklevel;1596322]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post

Please do not misunderstand I want to try the Goodyear Endurance as well but no one can prove to me (as yet) that all China made tires are China Bombs and will fail. You always hear about the failures of which most are road hazards or maintenance issues. We got 5- 6 years out of the Westlakes that came on the camper. And I have several other brands on the car hauler, and box trailers. I have 16 ST China tires on the ground currently and after 15 plus years of running ST China made have never had a flat or failure.

What I do think is the trailer manufacturers are running the axles and tires too close to capacity which allows for the users to overload the tires as well.

Note that I said MOST of the China tires...I didn't say ALL. :-)

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:36 AM   #22

[QUOTE=rjshiflet;1596324]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post

Note that I said MOST of the China tires...I didn't say ALL. :-)
This is strange look at the quoted names they are back one..........

Anyway I can't say most China tires have issues its probably more like a few, but that being said I too will probably try the endurance next time on my heavier trailers.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #23
"On the road again"

[QUOTE=Oaklevel;1596332]
Quote:

This is strange look at the quoted names they are back one..........

Anyway I can't say most China tires have issues its probably more like a few, but that being said I too will probably try the endurance next time on my heavier trailers.

I think it was your ALL CAPS which pretty much means YELLING that got my hackles up. At the end of the day rarely are opinions changed on any topic in these forums but generally opinions are pleasantly exchanged as food for thought.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Old 08-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #24

I personally think the Endurance tires would/should have failed to one of us assuming the months and the number of eyes that are watching. I Googled it... pages and pages of forums talking about the Endurance tires. I read over prolly 20 pages of "reviews" and saw one lady that had a bulge on an Endurance. ?? I dunno sometimes there is a "ridge" in the sidewall of a tire from construction. Maybe this is what she saw. Me? I'm betting on USA... I did my part talking and e-mailing American tire manufacturers about the crap we had for RV/trailer tires. I am just glad an American company finally stepped up. Watch how fast others start making them. I would put a $20 on another company announcing the release before the new year.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #25

[QUOTE=rjshiflet;1596608]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post

I think it was your ALL CAPS which pretty much means YELLING that got my hackles up. At the end of the day rarely are opinions changed on any topic in these forums but generally opinions are pleasantly exchanged as food for thought.
rjshiflet

Not sure who you are responding to but I did not use all caps on any of my responses. Not sure that anyone was YELLING??? Seriously ???? You seem to be the only one "yelling" if that's what caps mean.

Note the quotes are coming up for the wrong posters..........................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I personally think the Endurance tires would/should have failed to one of us assuming the months and the number of eyes that are watching. I Googled it... pages and pages of forums talking about the Endurance tires. I read over prolly 20 pages of "reviews" and saw one lady that had a bulge on an Endurance. ?? I dunno sometimes there is a "ridge" in the sidewall of a tire from construction. Maybe this is what she saw. Me? I'm betting on USA... I did my part talking and e-mailing American tire manufacturers about the crap we had for RV/trailer tires. I am just glad an American company finally stepped up. Watch how fast others start making them. I would put a $20 on another company announcing the release before the new year.
Well I will be going to the tire store to look at and feel Carlisle and Endurance, side by side. Unless I see or feel a favorable difference, uI will probably stick with the Carlisles that I have never had fail, while you guys test Endurance and decide if it any better than Marathons.
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:42 AM   #27

Un-acceptable
50/50 or walk from the deal.
mfMcFroggierPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:05 AM   #28
"On the road again"

[QUOTE=Oaklevel;1596785]
Quote:
rjshiflet

Not sure who you are responding to but I did not use all caps on any of my responses. Not sure that anyone was YELLING??? Seriously ???? You seem to be the only one "yelling" if that's what caps mean.

Note the quotes are coming up for the wrong posters..........................
Apologies - it was originally Tom48 I was attempting to quote and respond to.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Old 08-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #29

I ran my original tires for about 15K mile then replaced with them with Carlisle Radial Trail HD Trailer Tires.
I installed a TPMS system and watched the tires, I had no issues with the originals.
I believe if you watch them and wait a year or so you will be fine.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Me? I'm betting on USA... I did my part talking and e-mailing American tire manufacturers about the crap we had for RV/trailer tires. I am just glad an American company finally stepped up. Watch how fast others start making them. I would put a $20 on another company announcing the release before the new year.
The largest campaign should be launched against the RV manufacturers that continue to source tires from the absolute cheapest (meaning Chinese) sources. If people started to demand the OE tires be replaced with a quality tire (preferably US made) the factories might get the message.

I'd just ask the Salesman "how bad do you want to sell me this RV?" Don't know about others but I got several "concessions" on mine from extra equipment at no charge to a VERY favorable rate on financing. (I kept the OE tires because they weren't overloaded from the get-go and have plenty of safety margin for my needs).

If better tires are your concern, stand by that "demand" and if they won't meet it, move on. I seriously doubt that there is only ONE dealer that has what you want.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:06 PM   #31

When I bought my new Good Year Endurances the date codes were between 3 and 4 weeks old for all of them. I thought that was acceptable.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayneb236 View Post
When I bought my new Good Year Endurances the date codes were between 3 and 4 weeks old for all of them. I thought that was acceptable.
Heck, they were barely "cured" with those date codes

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #33

They sure had that new tire smell
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #34
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayneb236 View Post
Mine were as well.
I bought six.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:37 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
The largest campaign should be launched against the RV manufacturers that continue to source tires from the absolute cheapest (meaning Chinese) sources. If people started to demand the OE tires be replaced with a quality tire (preferably US made) the factories might get the message.
Jayco has... they're putting Goodyear Endurance tires on all their new trailers.

http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/ja...es-on-all-rvs/

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:44 AM   #36

The most important thing to consider about RV trailer tires (any design) is their history. In this situation the OP is talking about a 2018 model trailer with 2 year old tires on it. What have they been doing for 2 years. After traveling from the factory to the dealer what have they been doing? Are they actually the Original tires put on by the vehicle manufacturer? Have they always been inflated and on the ground? Did the OP check the inflation pressures. Under inflated tires also degrade quickly. There is no way I’d consider a 2 year old tire, without a known history, a safe buy. It’s clearly a deal breaker. I’d not buy a new trailer from a dealer that would want to force those OLD tires on me. Trailer tires age terribly just setting.

Maybe the OP really likes the model. Ask yourself what else the dealer is not telling you.

Tags
tire, tires