Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #1

Question 2011 Grey Wolf Tire/Axle Issues

Purchased our 2011 Grey Wolf in Florida in 2011. Our first trip out west we replaced tires on the front axle twice. First time the dealer blamed it on "cheap tires". Second time another dealer stated he found "many" bolts loose and tightened them. This month, getting ready to travel for the winter, we again needed new tires to pass inspection. However this time the facility laser tested the axles and advised the front axle is bent. There are no signs of damage, and we know we never hit anything, so the facility says it had to have come from the factory like this and we are just discovering it now. Anyone else experience this issue? Looking for some guidance here. After 2 years I am not sure Forest River will help us at all, but I will contact them.
HRRanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Incheon, S. Korea

Lippert (LCI) is probably the company you'll need to talk to, and after this long...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #3

It probably did come bent. Mine did and went through the whole tire replacement routine 2 or 3 times with the dealer. Best advise I can give you is to get your axles aligned (rebend) at a heavy truck/trailer shop. Replacing tires on bent axles is a futile effort. After I aligned the axles, all problems went away.
jleon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #4

have had both axles replaced on mine for bent incorrectly. FR was good to replace the tires as well, but I discovered the problem within 3 months of buying new
Nights camped in 2015 - 20
Ditchooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, grey wolf, tire