Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 12:29 AM   #1

2015 Wildwood Heritage Glenn

I would like to put grease into the hubs, but can not figure how to get the decorative hub off to reveal the zerk fitting. The lug nuts are exposed, and there is no "hub cap" The center hub is chrome and looks to be snapped into the wheel assy? do you have to remove the wheel to get to the center zerk fitting?
Old 07-01-2016, 01:21 AM   #2

this is a picture of the wheel assembly. can the center hub be pried off or do you have to remove the wheel from the lugs to get to the center grease fitting?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File Jul 01, 00 54 07.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	112743  
Old 07-01-2016, 02:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
this is a picture of the wheel assembly. can the center hub be pried off or do you have to remove the wheel from the lugs to get to the center grease fitting?
I have a screw that holds mine on, but yours you might just pop them off, they are all different. It would have to come off of the rim or you wouldn't beable to change a tire or have them balanced. Mine are also plastic, so pry easy. If all else fails pull a wheel and look from behind the rim and see how it is attached....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:05 AM   #4

I took my whole wheel off to find the center piece just pops out, but my bearing cover didn't have a zerk. Best bet pull the wheel and look.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Zecrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecrom View Post
I took my whole wheel off to find the center piece just pops out, but my bearing cover didn't have a zerk. Best bet pull the wheel and look.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yes on wheel removal! Youroo!!
Old 07-01-2016, 06:55 AM   #6

If your wheels have EZ-lub, be sure to jack the wheel off the ground and rotate slowly (per instructions) while greasing the zerk. Also, if you force too much grease into the wheel, be prepared to have grease leak through the rear seal and contaminate your brake drums. Ask me how I know! I'll NEVER use the EZ-lub system again, give me the good ole hand repack that I've used successfully for many, many years!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
If your wheels have EZ-lub, be sure to jack the wheel off the ground and rotate slowly (per instructions) while greasing the zerk. Also, if you force too much grease into the wheel, be prepared to have grease leak through the rear seal and contaminate your brake drums. Ask me how I know! I'll NEVER use the EZ-lub system again, give me the good ole hand repack that I've used successfully for many, many years!
That is the best way, do it slow and spin the wheel and it will work, that's for us lazy people....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
There is a cap in the end of you hub cover that pops off. Use a screw driver, there is a lip to pry on. After removing the center cap there will be a rubber plug to remove to expose the grease zerk.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #9

Yesterday I went through this to grease the bearings on my Salem Hemisphere with the same rims as yours.
You must remove the rim as the chrome hub is inserted through the rim from the inside.
After you remove the tire & rim there is a rubber plug to remove on the hub to get at the grease fitting. The dealer told me to only add 3 or 4 pumps of grease because you may blow the seal if too much grease is added.
Obrieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrieri View Post
Yesterday I went through this to grease the bearings on my Salem Hemisphere with the same rims as yours.
You must remove the rim as the chrome hub is inserted through the rim from the inside.
After you remove the tire & rim there is a rubber plug to remove on the hub to get at the grease fitting. The dealer told me to only add 3 or 4 pumps of grease because you may blow the seal if too much grease is added.
What year is your hemisphere? My 16 doesn't have the grease fittings.
Zecrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:47 AM   #11

My Salem Hemisphere 282RK is a 2014 model.
Obrieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #12

My center just pops out with a small screwdriver. It clips into the main center cap.
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood