Old 03-05-2016, 06:44 PM   #11

tire pressure drops

Anyone having pressure drop problems. .. Go to Discount tire, tell them the problem and they will remount the tires with special attention to that issue and your problem will disappear. They solved my problem.

2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3001w Diamond
Handydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #12

Talking Carlisle for me

During our annual camping trip, (2800 miles) we had an untimely flat tire in rush hour traffic in Jacksonville, FL, I decided to change out our factory tires even though they only had 4000 miles on them. There was no reason found for the tire to go flat but it damaged the panel behind the rear axle. I too changed mine to "E" rated Carlisle Radial Trail RH 225/75r15 and set them at 65 pounds of pressure. Ordered them through NTB and they were dated only a couple of months before purchase. I have only pulled them a little over 150 miles, but I can already tell the difference. They seem a lot more stable than the ones that came on my 2016 Hemisphere 272RLIS.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #13

Dear Carrier:

Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like we shouldn't waste another $40.00 per tire having them reset again. We will look for new rims and tires because the ones we have look brand new but certainly are not safe! Thank you again and good luck on purchasing new tires.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
Don't know the answer to your original question but waiting for the answer. We have a 2016 with what looks like the same wheels. It came with load range D tires, 65psi, from the factory.
I saw a post on this site or another can't remember but it was saying that Forest River is starting to send trailers out with higher load range tires on them.
I was really not happy about the C range tires that came on my trailer.

I don't have to worry about the heat like most of you down south do but it sure irritated me that Forest River would put tires like that on.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #15

i greatly appreciate your feedback!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan R View Post
Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like we shouldn't waste another $40.00 per tire having them reset again. We will look for new rims and tires because the ones we have look brand new but certainly are not safe! Thank you again and good luck on purchasing new tires.
Have you changed the Valve stems with HD threaded type? Are you using the Pull through type that came on the rims? Youroo!!
Old 03-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Have you changed the Valve stems with HD threaded type? Are you using the Pull through type that came on the rims? Youroo!!
FYI, the brass in rubber pull through type are also considered HP (80) PSI. Actually while I like the metal bolt on type I've had more problems with them leaking than the Brass in Rubber pull through
2007 Dodge 2500 CDT QCSB/Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500lb WDH, Maxxis 8008 225 x 75 x15 LR E tires/J T Strongarms
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
FYI, the brass in rubber pull through type are also considered HP (80) PSI. Actually while I like the metal bolt on type I've had more problems with them leaking than the Brass in Rubber pull through
I don't think I will be putting a TPMS on but if I did will these rubber ones work or will steel ones be needed?
Old 03-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I was just asking Susan about the Stems since she has said "Rims/Tires and Reseated" still Leaking! She Never said anything about the Stems! But thanks for your Input! Youroo!!
Old 03-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #20

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Carrier,,,,I think the metal stems are recommended. That's what I have. Better tan rubber for sure.