Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Adding Lippert Shock Kit

I received my Lippert shock kit today, that I'll be adding to my Sierra 365saq (or 365saq-b if I buy a new one) . I ordered 2 kits, (1 kit/axle), which includes shocks, mounts, and U-bolts. I contemplated building my own, which is very doable, but in the end decided that the $120 per kit was cheaper than building, if I was to include my time, which I have little of. Figured materials would have cost about $75 per set if you had to buy the steel. The brackets look to be made of 3/16" steel and have a thick coat of black paint. As soon as the weather turns for the better, or before March 29th(our first trip out), I plan on taking plenty of pictures of the install. Anyone else out there add this kit?

(OldCoot - Thanks a lot! )
__________________

__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
Denver, CO
 
garbonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,905
Where did you get them? When Mobile Outfitters morphed into Lippert Components, I lost track of the kits and can't find them. Is it the kit with the self tapping screws for the frame bracket?
__________________

__________________
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: 152 SCENIC CIRCLE
Posts: 143
I'm waiting to see your pictures, I want to add shocks to my FR Cardinal.
__________________
Gee Whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
That is a fantastic deal, I paid around $75 ea for the Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks I used. Of course, it's a little more complicated to put shocks on the Alko torsion axles.

I think you will be surprised at how much better the 5er tows and rides.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
leencharlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 268
Just got the 365B myself and would love to do this. Part #? Where? Please
__________________
2011 F-350 SRW Lariat FX4
2014 Sandpiper 365SAQB
leencharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
jonrjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 766
I'm tuned in and watching. Would love more information.
__________________
2013 Ford F350 FX4 4x4 PSD
2013 Wildcat 353LS

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
I got them at Camping World of all places.
Shock Kit for 3-Inch Axle Tube - Mobile Outfitters (lippert) 281281 - Shocks - Camping World
They make 2 kits one for a 3" axle and one for a 2 3/8"(?).
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I got them at Camping World of all places.
Shock Kit for 3-Inch Axle Tube - Mobile Outfitters (lippert) 281281 - Shocks - Camping World
They make 2 kits one for a 3" axle and one for a 2 3/8"(?).
Looks like the frame brackets should be mounted on an angle to keep the shock straight due to the fact that the shock mount hole in the plate is on an angle.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
leencharlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Looks like the frame brackets should be mounted on an angle to keep the shock straight due to the fact that the shock mount hole in the plate is on an angle.

Thank you Aquaman

I googled the item and found a YouTube of the install. Doesn't look too difficult if you have the place to do it which I really do not.

__________________
2011 F-350 SRW Lariat FX4
2014 Sandpiper 365SAQB
leencharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I received my Lippert shock kit today, that I'll be adding to my Sierra 365saq (or 365saq-b if I buy a new one) . I ordered 2 kits, (1 kit/axle), which includes shocks, mounts, and U-bolts. I contemplated building my own, which is very doable, but in the end decided that the $120 per kit was cheaper than building, if I was to include my time, which I have little of. Figured materials would have cost about $75 per set if you had to buy the steel. The brackets look to be made of 3/16" steel and have a thick coat of black paint. As soon as the weather turns for the better, or before March 29th(our first trip out), I plan on taking plenty of pictures of the install. Anyone else out there add this kit?

(OldCoot - Thanks a lot! )
Would appreciate seeing the install and the end result... thinking about doing mine in the spring.
__________________

__________________
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.