Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #1

Akuret Tires

I have Akuret radial ST tires on my 2015 Flagstaff 21FBRS. Tires were manufactured in 2014, as was the trailer. I've read a lot of negative comments about Akuret and other private label tires manufactured in China, but those comments seem to end around 2012 or so, about the time Akuret began to make radial tires. Has anyone had problems with these newer tires?
danking49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #2

I have the same tires which are about the same age as the ones you have.

No problems, Had them balanced by Discount Tires last year.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:31 PM   #3

my personal theory on Chinese tire failures is that FR or others put on the minimum tire that they can get away with, that is size and loading weights... determine YOUR tire loads and the weight of YOUR trailer and see how much margin there is for overloading or extreme road situations. Personally the size of the tires on my 183 are more than adequate for the load on the trailer, and I don't take it too many places where the pavement is not smooth. You need to look at load ratings (C, D or E) and tires size on your trailer and compare with the expected trailer loads and road conditions you will encounter.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires