Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #1

akuret tires

Has anyone had any sidewall blow outs with akuet tires 235-80r-16, our 5th wheel is 11 months old, does forest river warranty itres or is it the tire manufacture?
bigfiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #2

I'm searching the threads for tire issues. The only thing most agree on is,
most trailers have the cheapest tires put on them from the factory, unless you pay for the upgrade axles and tires.
Blowouts are more common than most would like to think.
Tire pressure and temperature monitoring system has become a "must have" when towing over 6,000 lbs.
The tire brands I have had problems with are junk.
I can't find a good tire because every one has had a blowout with every tire made.
Good luck. I'm still trying to sort this out.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 ThunderRoad View Post
I'm searching the threads for tire issues. The only thing most agree on is,
most trailers have the cheapest tires put on them from the factory, unless you pay for the upgrade axles and tires.
Blowouts are more common than most would like to think.
Tire pressure and temperature monitoring system has become a "must have" when towing over 6,000 lbs.
The tire brands I have had problems with are junk.
I can't find a good tire because every one has had a blowout with every tire made.
Good luck. I'm still trying to sort this out.
It seems the new tires have a shorter life than one expects,I have less than 5000 miles on the 5th wheel, thanks for the reply
bigfiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #4

around here akuret has a good reputation, but they are a tad cheaper. I don't put many miles on but had the factory tires dry rot in 2 years - other trailers I have are older without the issues of rot.

I do (well, did) have factory tires rubbing the inner fenderwell on one side, to the point then when I pulled back the tin cover the wood underneath was charred!. I was close on that tire to wearing thru the entire sidewall!

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 56 2017: 8+
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Always Learning

I had one Akuret HF188 that decided to attract a nail in the shoulder. It was unfixable. Can't blame the tire, though.

I then had another that decided it wanted to try its hand at looking pregnant and had a bubble the size of a baseball:
Bad Tire

I came to find out that was one of *3* bubbles. 2 were internal to the tire. I'm tracking down a warranty claim now.

Having to buy 2 new tires, I was faced with a price of $125 for Akuret HF188s from a tire shop 40 miles from my house. Or buying a set of 4 new Maxxis m8008 tires online for $165 with free shipping. I opted for 4 new tires. Being cheap, I'm keeping my Akuret as a spare for now.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Always Learning

I didn't contact Forest River or Palomino/Sabre about the tire. I went directly to Delta National with an email with pictures. They called me within a couple of hours. Because the tires were OEM installed, I have to file a warranty claim with the distributor that provides the tires to Palomino. I haven't called them yet.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #7

I have rockwood minilite. The tires wore through the fenderwells. What can be done to fix this and how are the fenderwells replaced?
gladerunnter is offline   Reply With Quote