Old 05-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Instructor View Post
I may not get up to 99mph, but with this rating I don't have to worry about staying with the flow of traffic at 70mph!
True enough, and if you get in traffic anywhere near some of the larger cities, it isn't very safe doddling along at 50 mph.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
True enough, and if you get in traffic anywhere near some of the larger cities, it isn't very safe doddling along at 50 mph.
Don't have any problems at 55-60 around any big city in the US. Sure don't want to be doing 70+ with all the idiots trying to merge and change lanes.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Don't have any problems at 55-60 around any big city in the US. Sure don't want to be doing 70+ with all the idiots trying to merge and change lanes.
Then you have never come into Denver from the west!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Then you have never come into Denver from the west!
Denver (N,S,E,W) Houston, New Orlean, Orlando, Atlanta, Dallas, Kansas City, Chicago, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Boston, etc.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #25

Quote:
You may not have any problems driving 20 mph slower than the traffic, but I wonder what they are saying as they maneuver around you!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
You may not have any problems driving 20 mph slower than the traffic, but I wonder what they are saying as they maneuver around you!
Not to be crass, but as long as I keep a steady pace @ 60-65, I really don't care what they are saying. Speed limit is 65, so who's unsafe?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post

I just put 4 new tires on my trailer last month. They were the Good Year Marathon tires. They have a manufacture date of 0613 so I would assume the 6th week of 2013. With your statement I must assume they are China-Bombs since Made in China is stamped on the side of them also.

OP buy what ever you feel comfortable having installed on your trailer. It still is your trailer. I do agree have them balanced I did and could feel the difference in the pull.
Goodyear still has quality control on those tires no matter where they're made, so NO, they're not China Bombs.

I don't understand telling someone "do whatever you want". They could have done that without seek opinions here (and your statement is not an "opinion").
Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Not to be crass, but as long as I keep a steady pace @ 60-65, I really don't care what they are saying. Speed limit is 65, so who's unsafe?
You did say you drove at 55-60 before.
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter who is right, the fact is that when the mass of traffic is doing a certain speed, say 75 mph, and someone is doing 55 mph, it is the slow vehicle that creates the unsafe condition. majority always rules.
But I am in your corner, and wish everyone would just use their heads and slow down. The sad reality is that the majority of drivers don't realise how quickly you can die in a traffic accident.
I will actually go out of my way to avoid the bigger cities.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #29

I think we just hijacked another thread.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
Mod free 5er

Quote:
You did say you drove at 55-60 before.
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter who is right, the fact is that when the mass of traffic is doing a certain speed, say 75 mph, and someone is doing 55 mph, it is the slow vehicle that creates the unsafe condition. majority always rules.
But I am in your corner, and wish everyone would just use their heads and slow down. The sad reality is that the majority of drivers don't realise how quickly you can die in a traffic accident.
I will actually go out of my way to avoid the bigger cities.
I try to go with the flow, but will not exceed 65, but it's not like they can't see an rv, it didn't just pop up in front of them out of nowhere and being in the center or rh lane (if at all possible), there are 2 or more lanes for them.