Old 11-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
axles alignement on trailers

At the factory are they checking the wheels alignement before they leave the factory or they just put the axles together and assure that they are okay. I see a lots of treads with badly wornt out tires a result of bad alignement.

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Are you experiencing any strange wear on your tires?

That's a good question. my axles were out of alignment and when we installed the little lift, we got the axles back into alignment. The method for checking alignment was center of hitch to center of axle hub -- the passenger side was over .5" off.

All good now!

teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
My 5er has one tire wearing on the inside tread on the right rear. After further inspection I observed that the leaf spring is flattened out which results in a half an inch larger space between the 2 tires when compared to the other side. I believe this happened when the previous owner drove up on something to lift it to change a blow out instead of jacking it correctly.
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
There is no alignment per say. The axles are bolted to the springs, which are bolted to the spring hangers, which are welded to the frame. No adjustment. The problems I have been reading about and finding, are axles that were not made correctly, causing them to be installed upside down, arched the wrong way. The spring plates appear to have been welded on the wrong side. Just my observation, no admittance of fault from anybody.
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote